The final lesson
- Creating a movie of the storyboards
- This is the final lesson of this course. This is also the most difficult. You have to combine everything you have learned in this course, the film scoring course, and the film editing course to create a movie which shows you roughly what the final movie will be like.
- What is an animatic?
- An animatic is the storyboards turned into a movie. You combine the music, the dialog and the storyboards to create a rough version of the final movie.
- Why an animatic?
- The animatic (the movie of the storyboards) has one major purpose. This animatic will show you if this movie will be successful or not. That is why this step is so important.
Why an animatic?
- The animatic is a proof of concept!
- Will your movie idea be a sucess? The animatic can help you with planning a successful project.
- The Hollywood System
- In Hollywood, if the studio likes the script, they may provide money for the production. You don't need to create an animatic to begin filming but a professional production will want to create storyboards, shot lists and breakdowns for their crew.
- Filmmaking for normal folks
- Before we begin shooting film or video or before we begin an animation project, it can be helpful to create an animatic to test out the idea and the timing of the final project.
- Creating an animatic is not easy especially in 3D. Each of the lesson pages in this lesson should be complete lessons.
- Later, as more people completed this lesson, I will expand the instructions. But for now, the instructions are minimal.
- If you have questions
- Therefore, I hope that the steps are not confusing. If you have any questions, please write me.