This Wikiversity page is intended to help those looking to understand and implement inquiry learning. Here you will find activity examples, method descriptions and research and evaluation projects looking at inquiry learning.
Inquiry-based learning (Also enquiry-based learning in British English.) describes approaches to learning that are based on the investigation of questions, scenarios or problems - often assisted by a facilitator. Inquirers will identify and research issues and questions to develop their knowledge or solutions. Inquiry-based learning includes Problem-based learning, and is generally used in small scale investigations and projects, as well as research. (Wikipedia 17 April 2013)
Here are links to a range of examples and information sheets to help people develop inquiry methods in their teaching and learning practice
Here are links to open research projects that are evaluating inquiry learning.
Here are links to resources and prior work relating to inquiry learning.
- Centre for Excellence in Enquiry-Based Learning at Manchester University, UK.
- Handbook of Enquiry & Problem Based Learning. Barrett, T., Mac Labhrainn, I., Fallon, H. (Eds). Galway: CELT, 2005. Released under Creative Commons NC SA licence.
- Goldring, L. & Wood, J. (2007) A guide to the facilitation of Enquiry-Based Learning for graduate students.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Yesno' not found.
| type = notice | image = none | imageright = | class = | style = width:250px; float:right; clear:right; margin-left:10px; margin-right:0px; | textstyle =
| text =
| small = | smallimage = | smallimageright = | smalltext = | subst = | date = | name = }} Here are links to resources and further information on Wikimedia project spaces
- The UK dictionaries Collins and Longman list the spelling "inquiry" first, and Oxford simply calls it another spelling, without labeling it as US English.
- What is Inquiry Based Learning (EBL)? Centre for Excellence in Enquiry-Based Learning. University of Manchester. Retrieved October 2012