What software do you need?
- Dialog recording for the animatic
- Any audio recording software will do. Recording the dialog for the animatic is very simple so no special audio program is needed.
- You can use Audacity (Linux, Windows or Macintosh) which is free.
- You can use Sound Forge on Windows.
- You can use GarageBand or iMovie on the Macintosh.
- Professional audio software
- Later when doing ADR and live recording of musicians in sync with your movie, you will need special recording software which will play a movie clip at the same time it is recording audio. But for now, iMovie is good enough since it plays a movie while your record your music.
- The cheapest alternative - Audacity - FREE
- If you do not have a professional audio program, you can download Audacity which is free. It will work on most computers. Click here to learn more about Audacity.