Exam 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals/Understanding Operating System Configurations
This lesson covers Understanding Operating System Configurations. It looks at the Control Panel, desktop settings, native Windows applications, mobility, and remote management.
Activity 1 - Configure Control Panel Options[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: configuring administrative tools, configuring accessibility options.
- Read What are Administrative Tools?
- Read Accessibility + What accessibility features does Windows offer.
Activity 2 - Configure Desktop Settings[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: configuring gadgets, profiles, display settings, shortcuts, and Aero configurations and capabilities.
- Read Desktop + Overview + Recommended Links.
- Read Getting the Best Display on Your Monitor.
- Read Gadgets + Overview + FAQ.
- Read What are User Profiles?
- Read Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Read Create or Delete a Shortcut + FAQ.
- Read Aero + What is the Aero desktop experience?
Activity 3 - Understand Native Applications and Tools[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: understanding Windows Internet Explorer, the snipping tool, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, and MSCONFIG.
- Read Windows Internet Explorer.
- Read Pinned Sites
- Read Snipping Tool + FAQ.
- Read Windows Media Player 12 + FAQ + Recommended Links.
- Read Windows Media Center + Recommended Links.
- Read Wikipedia: MSConfig.
Activity 4 - Understand Mobility[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: understanding Sync Center, Windows Mobility Center, and Remote Desktop.
- Read What is Sync Center? + FAQ.
- Read Windows Mobility Center.
- Read Remote Desktop Connection + FAQ + What is RemoteApp and Desktop Connections? + Recommended Links.
Activity 5 - Understand Remote Management and Assistance[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: understanding MMC, and Windows PowerShell.
- Read What is the Microsoft Management Console (MMC)?
- Read Windows PowerShell
- Read What is Windows Remote Assistance? + FAQ.