Exam 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals/Managing Files and Folders
This lesson covers Managing Files and Folders. It looks at file systems, file and print sharing, encryption, and libraries.
Activity 1 - Understand File Systems[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: understanding FAT, FAT32, NTFS, and 32 bit vs. 64 bit.
Activity 2 - Understand File and Print Sharing[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: understanding NTFS and share permissions, HomeGroup, print drivers, and effective permissions; creating public, basic, and advanced shares; mapping drives.
- Read File Sharing Essentials.
- Read Share Files with Someone.
- Read HomeGroup + FAQ + Recommended Links.
- Rread Create a Shortcut to (Map) a Network Drive.
Activity 3 - Understand Encryption[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: understanding BitLocker, encrypting file systems (EFS), and compression.
- Read BitLocker
- Read BitLocker Drive Encryption Overview.
- Read Encrypting File System (EFS) + Recommended Links
- Read The Encrypting File System.
- Read How to Use File Compression in Windows XP.
Activity 4 - Understand Libraries[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: understanding offline files, adding multiple local locations to a library, adding networked locations.
- Read Understanding Offline Files.
- Read File Sharing and Offline Files Enhancements.
- Read Configuring Offline Files.
- Read Windows 7 Libraries.
- Read Organizing with Windows 7 Libraries.