Exam 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals/Installing and Upgrading Client Systems
This lesson covers Installing and Upgrading Client Systems. It looks at Windows editions, upgrade paths, installation types, and virtualized clients.
Activity 1 - Identify Windows Operating System Editions[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: identifying system requirements, using PC Upgrade Advisor.
- Read Compare Windows 7.
- Read System Requirements.
- Read Upgrade Advisor.
- Read Windows Easy Transfer + FAQ.
Activity 2 - Identify Upgrade Paths[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: identifying ugrade paths from Windows XP, Windows Vista, and other operating systems; identifying application compatibility.
- Read Upgrade to Windows 7 + FAQ
- Read What is program compatibility? + FAQ.
- Read Windows Anytime Upgrade + What is Windows Anytime Upgrade? + FAQ
Activity 3 - Understand Installation Types[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: understanding removable media installations (DVD, ZTI, LTI, and USB), cloud and network installations, and product identification keys.
- Read Installing Windows 7 FAQ + Installation Problems FAQ + Recommended Links.
- Read What is a product key?
- Read Automated Installation of Windows 7.
- Read Lite-Touch Deployment.
- Read Zero-Touch Deployment.
- Read Unattended Answer Files.
Activity 4 - Understand Virtualized Clients[edit | edit source]
This objective may include but is not limited to: understanding Windows XP Mode, Remote Desktop, and Remote Desktop Services.
- Read Windows XP Mode.
- Read Desktop Virtualization.
- Read Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Read What is Remote Desktop Services