Summer 2022 Eventmath workshops[edit | edit source]
Welcome! Eventmath is a new wiki for math lesson plans based on current events, powered by a community of math, statistics, and quantitative literacy educators — that's you! Thanks to support from the Wikimedia Foundation, all Eventmath resources are available for free, permanently.
Each of the summer 2022 workshops is 90 minutes, held over Zoom, and run by Eventmath creators Greg Stanton and Brendan Sullivan. Each is a standalone workshop, so no prior experience is needed for any of them.
If you'd like to attend more than one workshop, we would love that! That means you could potentially help newcomers, add to what you started in previous workshops, and get more feedback. The first 20 minutes of each workshop will contain the same introductory presentation, so if you'd like to attend more than one session, feel free to skip that part. You would need to register separately for each workshop.
- Learn what Eventmath is and how it works.
- Publish a starter lesson plan based on a news article or social media post.
- Share feedback with a partner, if you wish.
- Create a contributor profile for yourself, if you like.
- Ask questions and provide feedback about Eventmath.
Our mission is to help learners use math as a tool for understanding the world. By registering for a workshop listed below, you will be one of the pioneers that makes this project a success!
Pick one of the dates below, and click the corresponding link to register! We'll follow up with you by email with details about the event. Also, by filling out any of the forms, you'll ensure that you're notified of any future Eventmath workshops, office hours, or edit-a-thons.
- Summer 2022 Eventmath Workshop 1 (Wednesday, August 17, 7:00 p.m.–8:30 p.m. Eastern Time)
- Summer 2022 Eventmath Workshop 2 (Thursday, August 18, 2:30 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Eastern Time)
- Summer 2022 Eventmath Workshop 3 (Friday, August 19, 10:30 a.m.–noon Eastern Time)
In case you need to compare Eastern Time to your local time zone, here's the current time in Eastern Time.
Check back here for any announcements. Any important announcements will also be communicated by email to those who register.
We'll post outcomes from each workshop once they're all completed!