Fall 2022 Eventmath workshops[edit | edit source]
Welcome! Eventmath is a new wiki for math lesson plans based on current events, powered by a community of math, statistics, and quantitative literacy educators — that's you! Thanks to support from the Wikimedia Foundation, all Eventmath resources are available for free, permanently.
All fall 2022 workshops will be held on Wednesdays, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time over Zoom and will be run by Eventmath creators Greg Stanton and Brendan Sullivan. To accommodate different backgrounds, each workshop will consist of two parts:
- Introductory talk (7:00 p.m. to 7:20 p.m.): Learn about Eventmath and ways to contribute. If you've attended a previous talk of ours, please feel free to skip this.
- Edit-a-thon (7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.): Edit lesson plan pages and ask questions as they arise.
Upon registration, registrants will be emailed a list of lesson plan ideas to help with the following edit-a-thon activities, but attendees are welcome to bring their own ideas.
- Publish a starter lesson plan or improve an existing lesson plan.
- Create a contributor profile for yourself, if you like.
- Exchange information with collaborators, if you wish.
- Ask questions and provide feedback about Eventmath.
Our mission is to help learners use math as a tool for understanding the world. By registering for a workshop listed below, you will be one of the pioneers that makes this project a success!
Pick one of the dates below, and click the corresponding link to register! We'll follow up by email with event details.
- If you want to attend multiple workshops to continue working and get more feedback, that's great! It's not required.
- Please register separately for each workshop you plan to attend.
- By filling out any of the forms, you'll ensure that you're notified of any future Eventmath meetups.
- For comparing to your local time zone, here's the current time in Eastern Time.
Check back here for any announcements. Any important announcements will also be communicated by email to those who register.
We'll post outcomes from each workshop once they're all completed!