Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Electric vehicles around the world (from top left):
This learning resource introduces you to electric mobility (e-mobility). There are 4 main constituents that structure this learning resource:
- (Battery) Battery Technology for long-distances, temperature and the availability for different types of vehicles.
- (Engineering) Engineering of non-electric and non-IT-parts of the vehicle
- (ICT in Vehicles) Information and Communication Technology in vehicles are used for navigation, safety, traffic management, entertainment, ...
- (Electricity Supply and Infrastructure) Electric vehicle solutions need a network and supply infrastructure equivalent to gasoline stations. Analyse fraction of engery supply for electric mobility, which is affordable and clean according to SDG7!
- (Container Design Principle)
- (Miscellaneous) including innovation, environmental and the socio-economic aspects of the innovation.
- (Electric Vehicle Types) Explore the different types of electric vehicles.
- (From Fossile to Electric) Identify the number parts necessary to produce car with gasoline propulsion in comparison to an electric car. What are your conclusions about the number of workers needed and the supply chain management for the industry.
- (Cars and IT) Compare the two concepts:
- A car is a computer that is able to move
- A car is a vehicle that has IT-components to maximise efficiency and power of propulsion and support navigation.
- How do you see the future of cars and mobility in general after analysis of current developments.
- (Fuel Cell) Analyse the concept of Fuel Cell and describe how this concept is relevant for electric mobility.
- (Battery) What are current challenges in the area of batteries (e.g. loading, replacement, necessary resources for the battery production)
- This topic is linked to sustainable developing goals from the following list. Explain why electric mobility can contributed to the SDGs mentioned below
- Wikipedia:Renewable Energy
- UN-Guidelines for Use of SDG logo and the 17 SDG icons (2016/10) - http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/UN-Guidelines-for-Use-of-SDG-logo-and-17-icons.October-2016.pdf
- Info Box of images about electic vehicles are imported from Wikipedia:electric vehicle by application of Wikipedia2Wikiversity Tool