This resource offers an introduction to the use of wikis in education. The Wikiversity community keeps track of education-oriented wikis, establishes constructive interactions with them, and researches their technology, activity, culture, processes, and impact. Constructive interactions is a sub-page for exploring interactions between education-oriented wikis and other projects involved in the development of learning resources.
Educational wikis[edit | edit source]
Ask Dr Wiki[edit | edit source]
Ask Dr Wiki - A medical wiki with the goal of creating a collective online memory for physicians, fellows, residents, and medical students.
CouchSurfing[edit | edit source]
CouchSurfing University - social networking wiki that is trying to make use of Wikiversity resources.
Curriki[edit | edit source]
Curriki was started by Scott McNealy the co-founder of Sun Microsystems. It is a non-profit organisation with the goal of building a complete course of instruction and assessment for K-12.
Debatepedia[edit | edit source]
- Debatepedia - International Debate Education Association
Edutechwiki[edit | edit source]
- http://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Main_Page - based in Switzerland; explains a lot of the technical stuff behind web education.
ELATEwiki[edit | edit source]
-  - E-Learning and Teaching Exchange wiki supports e-learning endeavors at the higher education level.
Experimental Learning Processes[edit | edit source]
Join or create a debate and/or summarize its salient features at http://wikireason.net/wiki/Forum_Entrance. Please note this is an external site with its own community, social norms, and legal requirements. Please be prudent and wise in paraphrasing, citing, and archival of results locally. Content license requirements may conflict occasionally. Alternatively, methods learned there may be useful within the context of some local learning process or free materials development.
FLOSSCom Project & Ubuntu Education[edit | edit source]
- FLOSSCom.NET Wiki - exploring free/open source software communities as learning communities
- Learning the Open Source Way - a project aimed at developing a toolkit on "Learning the Open Source Way"
One Laptop per Child[edit | edit source]
One Laptop per Child wiki - research initiative to develop a $100 laptop—a technology that could revolutionize how we educate the world's children. The Educators' page describes OLPC learning projects. Licence: cc by + others. See also: One Laptop Per Teacher.
OER Grapevine[edit | edit source]
- OER Grapevine - mission is to promote discussion and cooperation among projects relating to open educational resources
OpenWetWare[edit | edit source]
- OpenWetWare promote the sharing of information, know-how, and wisdom among researchers and groups who are working in biology & biological engineering.
Second Life Education Wiki[edit | edit source]
Second Life Education Wiki -"Second Life provides a unique and flexible environment for educators interested in distance learning"
WikiEducator[edit | edit source]
WikiEducator - is a community project working collaboratively with the Free Culture Movement towards a free version of the education curriculum by 2015. WikiEducator has a strong focus on a learning for development agenda. Content is licensed under CC-BY-SA. WikiEducator has similar goals and methods to Wikiversity.
Wikihow[edit | edit source]
- Wikihow - Another wiki with how-to information, licenced under a creative commons By-NC-SA license.
Wikihowto[edit | edit source]
Wikiversity[edit | edit source]
- Wikiversity is an educational wiki supported by the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikiversity is one of several sister projects on the WMF Mediawiki platform, including Wikipedia, Wikibooks, and Commons.
Wiki auto-training project[edit | edit source]
Empower yourself wiki - after using many tools to place the courses materials and students works (tikiwiki, google sites, moodle, and others) this one still new started 20/8/2012 will use mediawiki it seem to me the nearest to my first goals "Freedom and empowerment" I will come back at the end of the fall semester to evalute this experience.
Subpages[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Wikiversity:School and university projects
- Wikis in scholarly communication
External links[edit | edit source]
- AcaWiki AcaWiki is like "Wikipedia for academic research"
- Wikis and education (Examples)
- A systemic and cognitive view on collaborative knowledge building with wikis
- Scholarpedia - peer-reviewed open-access encyclopedia written by scholars from all around the world
- VotApedia - an audience-response system that uses mobile phones to poll responses to questions and collate them on a MediaWiki installation
- WikiScience - for researching wiki projects, particularly Wikimedia Foundation projects
- Best educational wiki (Edublogs, 2008)
- Internal Medicine Information Site (CME Org)