Educational Technology/Asynchronous Learning
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Asynchronous learning is a student-centered teaching method that uses online learning resources to facilitate information sharing outside the constraints of time and place among a network of people.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Discussion boards provide a social presence and opportunity for engagement based on the Community of Inquiry learning model.
- Public discussion boards may have more current and more relevant information, depending on the topic.
- Blogs provide one to many communication on a variety of topics.
- Wikis provide collaborative learning opportunities.
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Blog and wiki information is only as accurate as the sources, and may be outdated or abandoned.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
- Google Sites