Educational Technology/Learning Environments
Learning environments are web-based education systems that may provide access to classes, class content, tests, homework, grades, assessments, and other external resources such as academic or museum website links. They may also contain social spaces where students and instructors can interact through threaded discussions or chat.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Learning environments provide a web-based solution for course content, discussion, and assessments.
- Course modules and assessments for different disciplines are available from a variety of publishers.
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Faculty may resist using the learning environment, staying with more traditional delivery methods.
- For-profit learning environments can be very expensive to lease.
- Open source learning environments are more cost effective, but may require more effort to support.
Examples[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia: Virtual learning environment
- Wikipedia: Learning management system
- Wikipedia: List of learning management systems