Create a training and development plan/Development Phase
The Development Phase is the third phase of the ADDIE model. In the Development Phase, you'll begin creating and/or gathering the instructional materials that you planned in the previous Design Phase. By the end of the Development Phase, you should have a working prototype of training that you can validate with experts and pilot test with users.
- Identify available and required resources for training
- Develop instructional materials
Why It Matters
A narrative (example or scenario) that fleshes out the problem and/or hooks learners by resonating with their experience(s) might be useful.
- The ADDIE Development Phase, by J Clark Gardner.
- Robert Gagne’s Nine Steps of Instruction, by Don Clark.
- Instructional Design - Media, Strategies, and Methods, by Don Clark.
An augmented version of the scenario from the Analyze Phase goes here (unless someone wants to write an entirely new scenario).