Assistant teacher program
Welcome to the Wikiversity assistant teacher program!
Participants in this content development project create, organize, and develop learning resources for assistant teacher courses suitable for use in junior high school and high school. A goal is to allow derived courses to rearrange available material in different ways and to add or remove optional material as desired.
News[edit | edit source]
- The Subdivision was founded. --Fasten 22:16, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
- Individual curriculum is now a mandatory course phase. --Fasten 13:22, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
- The Research forum has been added. --Fasten 10:08, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
Research[edit | edit source]
The Wikiversity assistant teacher program is an ongoing research project. You can contribute to practical research and verification if your school has implemented any kind of program that invites pupils to participate in teaching or mentoring, such as learning by teaching or youth mentoring. If you do not intend to contribute to the courses you can submit your observations and criticism to the forum.
Teachers and schools interested to work with the Wikiversity assistant teacher program in the development phase can register on the Partner school program page.
Courses[edit | edit source]
Optional course units[edit | edit source]
If you think you can improve a module or write a better one with a different approach you are free to add your own module to the list below, even if it covers topics that are already covered elsewhere. Instructors can select the modules they prefer and replace regular modules with optional modules. Writing your own module does not give you a right to lock out other authors; if somebody wants to improve a module you wrote the usual search for consensus should be applied.
Assistant teacher course[edit | edit source]
- Grades for social behavior
- School surveys
- Teaching and mentoring in primary school
- Practical philosophy
- Biography work
- Responsible consumers
- Respect economy
Discussion[edit | edit source]
- Forum for general discussions about the assistant teacher program.
- Topic talk:Assistant teacher program for discussions concerning content development.
Maintenance[edit | edit source]
Changes to important pages can be reviewed with the following links:
- pages linked from the course
- pages of the handbook
- pages of mentor training
- courses and optional modules
- Category:Assistant teacher program templates
Some pages may appear several times, some pages may not appear in any list and some pages that appear may not belong to the assistant teacher program.
See also[edit | edit source]
- School evaluation
- Curriculum symposium
- Category:Learning theory
- Category:Ways of learning
[edit | edit source]
- Wikieducator assistant teacher training
- Lexicon of Learning (Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development)
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics Glossary (contains Education terms in English, French, Spanish, and Arabic)
Preparatory notes[edit | edit source]
|This resource has been released into the public domain by the copyright holder, its copyright has expired, or it is ineligible for copyright. This applies worldwide. You are advised to consider the possibility of extraterrestrial intellectual property rights claims that do require mentoring duties in compensation ("either mentoring or trouble with extraterrestrials").
Content released into the public domain may be used for any purpose without attribution, including commercial activities and creation of derivative works.