Advanced general studies learning group
Learning Group in the Developmental Stage
The AGS Learning Group is in the earliest stages of development.
AGS Learning Group Summary
- Project code: AGSLG
- Time Commitments may range from Minimal to Ongoing.
AGSLG Content Summary
- The AGS Learning Group is concerned with Advanced Thought in Simultaneously a Wide Range of Endeavors.
- The AGS Learning Group seeks to engage in learning activities to enable Advanced Thinkers to bootstrap, providing a springboard to constantly and continually higher and higher "advanced" understandings thus transforming Data into Information, Information into Knowledge, Knowledge into Understanding, and Understanding into Wisdom more quickly than would have otherwise been possible, thereby expanding and applying Advanced Thought in all areas.
- Of course, not all Data contains Information, not all Information contains Knowledge, and not all Knowledge contains Wisdom. The Learning Group seeks to tease out the Wisdom from the Knowledge, the Knowledge from the Information, and the Information from the Data. The Page "Information Management Using Open Source" includes Understanding between Knowledge and Wisdom, a part of the series so useful that the Learning Group will add it to the Work. For now, we will refrain from suggesting that "Not all Knowledge contains Understanding." as we are now compelled to consider the relationships between Knowledge, Understanding, and Wisdom.
AGSLG a Collaborative Writing Group
- The AGS Learning Group is involved in collaborative writing based on readings chosen by consensus. In this way the Group seeks to understand the material it undertakes, providing a springboard for those who later arrive to rapid acquire the "advanced" understanding which the Group is able to achieve. Thus the collaborative work of the Group guides Participants who follow to transform Data into Information, Information into Knowledge, and Knowledge into Wisdom more quickly than would have otherwise been possible. Thereby we expand and apply Thought to the constant and continual improvement of the Wikiversity, of Wikipedia Articles, to the writing of Wikibooks.
- Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace, and provide generic guidelines on making a Learning Group.
- Here we simply make a link to the name of the steps (steps are Learning Projects which are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
- One may also read about the Wikiversity:Learning model. Steps should focus on learning activities for Wikiversity participants wishing to improve their grant acceptance ratios. This Learning Material in the Learning Projects can be used by multiple projects.
For example, the Research Project proposal has many elements in common with Research Grant Application. We will therefore co-operate with other departments and use the same learning resource.
Texts / Resources
- Steps1: ...
- Activity 1: ...
- Activity 2: ...
- Activity 3: Building on previous knowledge
Each activity has a suggested associated background reading selection.
- Reading 1.
- Study guide:
- Wikiversity article: One Laptop Per Teacher
Each activity has a suggested self- and group-assessment.
Additional helpful readings include:
[[Category:]] <---include subject name
Active participants in this Learning Group
- Dionysios (talk), a Participant in the Wikiversity School of Advanced General Studies, Date: 2007-06-08 (June 8, 2007) Time: 21:48:01 UTC
AGSLG a Contributor to the Wikimedia Community
- The AGS Learning Group collaboratively creates assignments to get a better understanding of its material and to contribute to the Wikimedia Community.
AGSLG a Participant in Wikipedia
- The AGS Learning Group is improving Wikipedia entries based on information learned from its readings and discussions. The AGS Learning Group does not anticipate completing its learning objectives, but rather anticipates being ongoing in its endeavors, from time to time writing Wikibooks based on what is being learned in the Group. These Wikibooks are then to be used in future Groups who decide to study the same subjects, and it is anticipated they too will perhaps again improve upon these Wikibooks based on what they have learned using sources the earlier Groups did not use.
AGSLG a Wikiversity Learning Group
- The AGS Learning Group represents an activation of the Proposal: Learning Groups which see for further information.