ABCT Bipolar SIG
Welcome! This is the Wiki home page for the Bipolar Special Interest Group. We are a special interest group of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies.
The Bipolar Disorders SIG welcomes members who are focused on the etiology and treatment of bipolar spectrum disorders. The members cover the developmental course of bipolar disorder, from juvenile to adult bipolar disorder, and span interests in assessment, clinical description, culture, outcomes, risk factors, and treatment models. This SIG has a particular investment in providing a nurturing atmosphere for idea exchange, and a forum to help promote the development of junior scientists.
Here is a link to GoogleDoc notepad for rapid updating (during meetings, etc.).
Co-chairs: Amy West, PhD, and Victoria Cosgrove, PhD
Lauren Weinstock, PhD, and Anna Van Meter, PhD
Lauren Alloy, PhD, and David Miklowitz, PhD
Sheri Johnson, PhD, and Eric Youngstrom, PhD
Listserv topics of interest
- Diagnostic criteria for mania: DSM-5 problems
- Inter-rater reliability -- Suggestions/thoughts about best practices
- 2021 meeting: New Orleans, LA
- 2020 meeting: Philadelphia, PA
- 2019 meeting: Atlanta, GA
- 2018 meeting: Washington, DC
- 2017 meeting: San Diego, California
- Bipolar SIG OSF login -- This is a section of the Open Science Foundation where we can post and share resources (and have more control over access privileges than on Wikiversity)
- PEP materials
- "Actigraphy Project" Party: A page to organize and analyze global datasets on actigraphy.
Publications of interest
- ISBD Task Force Bipolar Paper: Future Directions in Research
- Gruber & Weinstock (2018), Interrater Reliability in Bipolar Disorder Research: Current Practices and Suggestions for Enhancing Best Practices, International Journal of Bipolar Disorders
- Yee et al. (2015), Unfiltered administration of the YMRS and CDRS-R in a clinical sample of children, JCCAP
Members and what we're working on
|Lauren Weinstock||Bipolar disorder and suicide||Bipolar reliability paper in press|
|Sheri Johnson||Reward, impulsivity and mania||Bipolar disorder and creativity|
|Mary Fristad||Nutritional and psychosocial interventions for childhood mood disorders||Filtered and unfiltered mood ratings||OATS trial results|
|Anna Van Meter||Bipolar prodrome, sub-threshold presentations of pediatric bipolar disorder||
||Meta analysis on prevalence of bipolar disorder internationally; meta analysis of screening tools for bipolar disorder in adults|
|Mian-Li Ong||Dissemination and implementation of evidence based-assessments via open sourced approaches, accuracy of hybrid approaches towards evidence based assessment for bipolar disorder||
||Differential diagnosis papers on pediatric bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder and substance use disorder|
|Eric Youngstrom||Assessment, Phenomenology, Statistics, early identification, dissemination, clinical decision-making||Multiple Wiki related dissemination grants||Meta-analyses of assessment scales; editing Guilford trilogy|