3D Modelling/Create 3D Models/AR.js/3D Positions
In the JSON3D4Aframe you can define geometric primitives like
in the coordinate system (x,y,z) and generate basic 3D models for visualisations. By combination of selected primitives 3D models of create e.g. crystal lattices.
Names for Geometric Primitives
If your model consists of a large number of geometric primitives it is recommended to provide proper names for the 3D objects. The default 3D model is a water molecule, that consists of 2 white spheres for Hydrogen and 1 red sphere for Oxygen.
Hydrogen 1 (left) Hydrogen 2 (right) Oxygen
The webbased tool created for this learning resourc in Wikiversity is JSON3D4Aframe. The tool allow sthe set an individual name/comment for all geometric primitives. Use appropriate names for the spheres.
Blue Sphere X0-Y0-Z0 Green Sphere X1-Y0-Z0 Blue Sphere X1-Y1-Z0 Green Sphere X0-Y1-Z0
Notation: X-right/width, Y-up/height, Z-backward/depth
For learners it is recommended to play around with the default model of the water molecule:
- change the xyz-coordinates, e.g.
0.0 1.0 -4.0
- as an triple of x, y, z coordinates.
- change the size x in direction (radius) of the sphere and
- place another geometric primitive in the 3D scene by pressing the add-Button in JSON3D4Aframe
Learn to calculate the coordinates of the objects with a spreadsheet document (e.g. in LibreOffice Calc)
- LibreOffice Download to calculate the xyz coordinates
- JSON3D4Aframe - JSON Editor for geometric primitives