Talk:Across the Wikiverse
Phase me! CQ 18:19, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
Production center in New Orleans area
I've relocated to the New Orleans area. I've found some new friends down here that are developing community centers in Metairie and New Orleans. I'm their new "computer guy" and they are open to new ideas. The centers will have music gear (even drums!) and extensive computing power. We may even be able to put a version of the Sandbox Server online from here (we'll see). If anyone out there is in or near NOLA and wants to help out (in the non-abstract realm), please contact me immediately! CQ 18:31, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- After a year and two month's of trying to establish a working base in New orleans, run into much difficulty but made some inroads. There are several artists, musicians, clergy folks, business people, drunks and bartenders (I don't limit my associations much) who are receptive to the idea of creating a base like the one I have in mind. It's just that the "land-lordy" type people have one thing to say:
- A center is still plausible at 1242 St.Roch in New Orleans, if the storm didn't damage it. I'm still not sure how much lattitude and creative freedom there would be unless I was the one securing the actual capital (which I'm not good at). Currently, I'm evacuated to Shreveport due to Gustav and quite up in the air. I shall now consider proposals to relocate to another part of the planet. I hear a rumor that SBJohnny may have an alternative place. Hmmm. Something to think (and pray) about. Hmmmm. • CQ 16:40, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Needs greater clarity, focus, and copyediting
Hmmm sounds like my life. Thanks for the cleanup tag, Jtneill.
Focus: The production of open-content media captured from the real world.
Participation is Everything!, after all. The logistics involved in the Across the Wikiverse experiment are difficult. I'm not well-established out here in the "real world". (no car, no equipment, very little cash, no particular place to dwell, etc.) I'm currently in New Jersey, but heading back to New Orleans tomorrow. I was in Central Park today, in fact. Well I gotta run as soon as I copyedit a little.
I am now back at my sister's farm in Kentucky. The situations in New Orleans and Memphis are still favorable for establishing urban production centers and cyber-cafe facilities there. I'm connecting with similar ideas all over the world, so this is just a matter of time and confluence. The centers can be urban, suburban or rural.
- Realty: storefronts, garages, kitchen tables...
- Network: servers, software and bandwidth...
- Production: talent, equipment, enthusiasm...
- Wiki: participation, ideas, promotion in the wikiverse