Wiki Campus Radio
|Active volunteers like you are needed to adopt and care for this lonely resource.
For concerns or suggestions please discuss this resource either on the discussion page or in the Colloquium
See what was in the active audio stream.]]
We need a stream screamer !!! Any offers ?
- 1 Wiki Campus Radio is...
- 2 Participants
- 3 Learning Materials
- 4 Learning groups
- 5 Resources
- 6 Categories
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
Wiki Campus Radio is...
Wiki Campus Radio is a learning project to build a Web radio stylized webcasting service for Wikiversity community projects. It is a way to increase participation in Wikiversity while strengthening its community and extending its reach... more
Wiki Campus Radio is Free as in speech and Free as in Beer.
The userbase is always to be counted on for supplying requirements and specifications for hardware and software, creating audio content of all kinds and establishing how the WCR platform is built, operated and maintained.
- Historybuff 14:06, 29 April 2007 (UTC)
- CQ 16:13, 29 April 2007 (UTC)
- Chrismo 02:45, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
- Countrymike 06:23, 12 May 2007 (UTC)
- Dionysios (talk), a Participant in the Wikiversity School of Advanced General Studies, Date: 2007-05-12 (May 12, 2007) Time: 200101 UTC
- Laleena 22:10, 3 August 2007 (UTC) I would like to instruct history, maybe read a classics program, or proof read.
- Dorothy Kernaghan-Baez 21:16, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
- Nolhay 17:30, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
- Vivelefrat 06:14, 7 May 2008 (UTC) for some french program
- Hoogli 01:56, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
- Smuchacz 23:44, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- David 02:51, 6 November 2008 (UTC). Created Music performances, a place where everyone can play or sing!
- mikeu talk 19:51, 22 March 2011 (UTC)
Add your name here!
All members of the userbase can selct roles for themselves. See and edit the guidelines to discover where you might fit in or make a place for yourself if one has not yet been suggested.
- WCR/Custs - Wiki Campus Radio/Custodians
- WCR/Devs - Wiki Campus Radio/Developers
- WCR/Ops - Wiki Campus Radio/Operators
- WCR/Tribs - Wiki Campus Radio/Contributors
- ...add a subgroup...
Anyone can be a part of the making of Wiki Campus Radio!
For information on early test material see Early sessions
While the Graphical User Interface (GUI) has served MediaWiki users well for all these years, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Internet Audio, Speech Synthesis, artificial intelligence, speech recognition and other once-futuristic notions have Netizens wondering, "What's Next?". Wiki Campus Radio may|might|shall|should|will|would|can|could provide the long-awated Sonic User Interface (SUI). The key is realtime control of user interfaces that deal with sound and speech.
- Halloween Special: October 31st, 2008. Wiki Campus Radio aired a special schedule, see this page for listings.
- Plans for similar specials - help wanted!
- Session:Guitar Tuning see Guitar/Lessons for an example
- Session:News Flash
- Session:Net Meeting
- Session:Public Forum
Ideas for sessions and shows:
- Daily News - a news report provided by wikinews and updates hourly
- Across the Wikiverse - a "live" audio variety show hosted by Charley
- Free Culture Roundtable - a talk show hosted by FreeCulture.org and Wikiversity
- Discussion on various copyleft pod/*-casts, and ways to co-ordinate
- Discussion about general production of audio material
- New ideas for WCR - speaker's corner/voice colloquium, additional shows/topics
- Interviews. Topics: technology and education.
- a short infomercial about Wikiversity see Image:Wikiversity short.gif for a video version
- Wikimedians about education - a live audio enquiry with Wikimedians from hole around the world about wiki and education
- add a session idea
- Discussion about common science fiction topics
- Fiction writing, first discussion about Fiction writing support group and Science Fiction Challenge and a wiki novel: VirileMail
- Music performances by users, using royalty free scores.
- Replacement of phosphorus by arsenic in living organisms - audio chat discussion: example of NASA publicity gone too far?
|Portals||Engineering||Music||Media||Sound||Software||Journalism||add a portal|
|Courses||Internet Audio||Network Administration||MediaWiki||Linux||FreeBSD||Server administration||add a course|
|Lessons||Getting started with sound recording||Media Project management||Introduction to GarageBand||Podcasting||Let's write a song||Conducting interviews||add a lesson|
Wiki Campus Radio is a major project crossing several areas of study:
- School:Public Affairs
- School:Community Studies
- School:Media Studies
- School:Computer Science
- School:Engineering and Technology
- add a school
- Topic:Media Projects
- Topic:Audio Engineering
- Topic:Basic Blues & Rock
- Topic:Internet Audio and Video
- Topic:Announcing and Public Speaking
- add a division
- Topic:Sound Recording
- Topic:Music Production
- Topic:News and Information
- Topic:Media Project Management
- add a department
Whole Wheat Radio is an up-and-running "wikified" web radio station based in Alaska, USA with an international listenership. Their website uses an extensively modified version of MediaWiki and they have very tight real time communication which offers direct experience with online facilitation. Please check 'em out! • yeoman 16:04, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
- Category:Audio engineering
- Category:Learning projects
- Category:Wikiversity culture
- Category:Wikiversity School of Media Studies
- add a category
Propose a Category
|Tools for creating internet content|
Tools for image creation and manipulation
Tools for video creation and editing.
Tools for digital audio file creation and editing.
|See also: Digital media workshop - Related discussion: Free content|
- SchoolForge is a coalition of educational projects focused on open source software and open content. See the local SchoolForge page
- Software and Community in the Early 21st Century is Eben Moglen's keynote address presented at Plone Conference 2006 on October 25, 2006 in Seattle, WA.
- Wikinews, http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dragonfire1024 and http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wikinews
- Worldbridges website
- WebcastAcademy.net website
- Student Radio Association
- ...add a relevant external link...