Wikiversity's School of Business is the online community's center of business education, and is committed to teaching and educating the online community in all matters related to business.
Divisions and Departments of the School exist on pages in "topic" namespace. Start the name of departments with the "Topic:" prefix; departments reside in the Topic: namespace. Departments and divisions link to learning materials and learning projects. Divisions can link subdivisions or to departments. For more information on schools, divisions and departments look at the Naming Conventions.
Currently the School of Business is composed of the following areas of studies, modeled after recognized existing universities.
- Master of Accounting (M.Acc.)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Taxation (MBT)
- Master of Financial Engineering (MFE)
- Master of Financial Technical Analysis (MFTA)
- Master of International Business (MIntBus)
- Doctorate in Business Administration DBA
- Accounting Ph.D
- Decision, Risk & Operations Ph.D
- Finance & Economics Ph.D
- Management Ph.D
- Marketing Ph.D
- Organizational Behavior Ph.D
In order to form a good basic understanding of business, it is recommended that students visit General Studies of Business Administration and study the following courses as prerequisites for all other concentrations.
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance, FIN 1001, fundamentals of business/corporate finance and historical/modern portfolio management theories
- Managerial Economics, including Game Theory
- Operations Management, MAN 1011
- Problem Solving Using Computer Software / Principles of Information Technology
- Introduction to Statistics
- Statistics for Business Decisions
- Operations Research