Wright State University Lake Campus/2018-1/Phy2400/Log
- 1 Join Miraheze wikis20:44, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
- 2 Test 2 Prep
- 3 Test 3 Prep
- 4 Before Test 3
- 5 Before Test4
- 6 Subpages and footnotes
Join Miraheze wikis20:44, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
- Go to wright.miraheze.org
- Click your number on page (your number is xxx_
- This will take you to wrightxxx.miraheze.org
- Log in as wsulxxx, you password is a noun###
- Go wiki commons or wikimedia commons
- Randomly select an image that you like
Select the W and the thumbnail link. What you see will look like [[file:Example.svg|thumb]]
- Paste the image into the wrightxxx.miraheze.org Main page
- Copy paste these into your miraheze Main page:
[[Wikiversity:Wright State University Lake Campus]]
- [[wikiversity:user yy]]
- Now play around with you wikiversity user page. Perhaps add links to the wright state pages. Note: when you are on wikiversity, you need to remove the wikiversity: prefix on yuor links to the physics course pages.
Test 2 Prep
Ping pong/air drag?
On Tuesday, both groups traded places and wrote group reports on the rolling ping pong ball and on the motion detector. That class chose not to have each group repeat the other's experiments because they felt the inter-group reports were sufficient. Does this lab want to do the same?
Watched Newton's Dark secrets?
Ping Pong/Air drag?
See Wright_State_University_Lake_Campus/2018-1/Ping_pong_air_drag. Went through calculation.
Worked on Test 2: friction and uniform circular motion.
- Advertisement for my open source wikibank of exam questions: This is an excellent page but it is not properly licensed for general use. And, contributions to extend the size of this bank are not possible.
- Exercises in drawing and utilizing free-body diagrams The Physics Teacher 37, 434 (1999); Skip 1 and 2. Write and solve numerical problems for 3-6. Make it a test question, that does not require a drawing (tough writing assignment). Submit the questions electronically to Pilot as individual reports. Submit the solutions (groups OK) on blanck typing paper, with your name(s) along the top inch margin, and "Public Domain" somewhere on the page.
where the tilde refers to g, ρ and R is weird units: Each is unity for the Earth.
M 2/19/18 (Test 3 material)
W 2/21/18 (Test 3 material)
- OpenStax Ch8 Potential Energy and Conservation of Energy
- OpenStax Ch9 Linear Momentum and Collisions
- 1418173 to a08linearMomentumCollisions
- Wright State University Lake Campus/2018-1/Ping pong air drag see also http://www.wright.edu/~guy.vandegrift/wikifiles/Drag%20on%20sphere%20cylinder%20brennon%20caltech.pdf
- Draft:A card game for Bell's theorem and its loopholes#Magic phones: Communications loophole
- Just carefully read Magic Phones part
W 3/7/18 Test 2:
File:Wright State Lake Campus phy2400 T2 equation sheet.pdf Equation sheet will be given to you at the time of the test.
Test 3 Prep
2===M 3/5/18=== 2===T 3/6/18=== 2test===W 3/7/18===
Formula sheet: OpenStax equations/University physics/Mechanics
|after test 2|
Before Test 3
3===R 3/8/18=== 3===F 3/9/18=== 3===M 3/12/18=== 3===T 3/13/18=== 3===W 3/14/18=== 3===R 3/15/18=== 3===F 3/16/18=== 3===M 3/19/18=== 3===T 3/20/18=== 3===W 3/21/18=== 3===R 3/22/18=== 3===F 3/23/18=== 2===M 3/26/18=== 2===T 3/27/18=== 3test===
Error propagation formula for simple power with one variable.
The error (uncertainty) in x has a porportionality with the error in f(x) if f=Ax^n. The error can be calculated by comparing f(x) with f(x+dx). Faster? way: df/f=ndx/x (obtained after algebra)
after test 4
Subpages and footnotes
- Later we will do torque problems like this: http://dev.physicslab.org/DocumentPrint.aspx?doctype=5&filename=RotaryMotion_RotationalEquilibrium.xml