Wright State University Lake Campus/2016-1/Phy1120/log
First assignment due Friday 15 January
- Do the first activity from wikiedu.org dashboard (be sure to do it from there so I can verify whether the system reports it to me).
1/11 Mon First day[edit | edit source]
- place picture on your user page.
- Assigned First assignment due Friday 15 January
1/13 Wed[edit | edit source]
- Let's do the first activity:
- Half the class goes through w:Wikipedia:Wiki_Ed/Wright_State_University/Introduction_to_Astronomy_(Spring_2016) and then the "Dashboard" at the top.
- Half the class attempts to go directly to the external link wikiedu.org-Intro...Astro...(Spring_2016)
- Past a thumbnail picture onto your user page and paste on your your user page and paste a 100px copy on the roster.
1/20 Wed 2 important projects[edit | edit source]
- Conceptual quizzes for phys 1120 Stat here:
what is light?
- travels through vacuum
- carries energy
- In vacuum it travels at a speed of c≈ 3x108 m/s.
- Neither inergy nor information can tarvel faster thjan c.
- In Maxwell's classical theory of electromagnetism, light is a propagating and timevarying fluctuation of electric and magnetic fields.
1/20 effort to define field[edit | edit source]
Using html tag[edit | edit source]
each field contains certain proterties that have similar effects.
- A field is a function, usually of two or more variables, but traditionally not more than four. the simplest field is a function of spatial dimensions x, and y. For example, altitude avove sea level = h(x,y) is a field.
- Another field surfact tempertature T(x,y) within, a state in the USA.
A gravitational field is a function of 3 dimensiona, and it is a vector field. To good approximation within a small region where x,y coordinates are Cartesian. g = g(z) where vector g poind downs with a magnitude of 9.8m/s/s near z = 0 altitude, and decreases slightly as you go above sea level.
- What do I need to know in order to calcuate the acceleration of a particle due to a known electric field?
Feb 17 Lab writup[edit | edit source]
Start Harry and Sally activity[edit | edit source]
will finish next week