Wikiversity Journal User Group
Wikiversity Journal User Group is a chronologically ordered collection of works that have undergone the process of Wikiversity peer review. Wikiversity Journal emphasizes transparency throughout the publication process, from peer review to final version. Thereby, Wikiversity Journal avails for editors to not only summarize existing human knowledge, but also to build upon it. Also, Wikiversity Journal acquires articles containing media (such as images) to enrich Wikipedia articles.
Wikiversity Journal avails for contribution to Wikimedia projects by means of academic publishing, which scholars and other academia may be more familiar with. The other way around, it also assigns standardized reference formats to included works, making it easier for external scientific sources to use and cite Wikimedia works. It is a user group of Wikimedia since June 1, 2016.
The mission of Wikiversity Journal is to receive scholarly works with no cost for the authors, apply quality checks on submissions by peer review, and make accepted works available on the Internet free of charge, in perpetuity.
Journals in this group
Wikiversity Journal is intended to be an expanding group of open access journals focused on various topics.
|Journal title||Logo||Subjects||Peer reviews||Abides by||ISSN||DOI||Pubmed/ MEDLINE||Started||More info|
|Medicine, biomedicine||Independent reviewers||ICMJE, COPE, BOAI
|Yes||Yes||Not yet||2014||See About|
|Science||Refereeing by journal editors||Yes||Not yet||Not yet||2016||See About|
Wikiversity Journal of Medicine
Wikiversity Journal of Medicine
Since: March 2014
|On social media|
|In the news|
2016-06-09: Wikiversity Journal is now a Wikimedia user group
2016-08-31: The journal will soon be named Wikijournal
Wikiversity Journal of Medicine is a scientific journal in medicine and biomedicine. It is an open access journal with no publication cost for authors. It was started in 2014. All included articles have been peer reviewed by medical experts. Edits to accepted journal articles may be reverted if they are not merely technical in nature, since changes to the main text may require renewed peer review.
Wikiversity Journal of Medicine abides by several journal guidelines:
- ICMJE recommendations: 
- COPE code of conduct 
- Budapest Open Access Initiative recommendations: 
Second Journal of Science
Second Journal of Science provides students and instructors at or near the college or university level with concise articles that are focused to specific levels of education. It does not plan to publish scientific research or discussions on how to teach. While editors are committed to having each article reviewed by at least one person familiar with the subject, this is not a traditional peer-reviewed journal.
This journal can accept submissions from any Wikimedia sister project, or even abridged versions of such articles. Each published article is available in both editable and uneditable forms, including a PDF format that is convenient for off-line viewing or paper-copy printing. The CC-by-SA license places well over 5 million articles in this journal's "in-box".
You can contribute to Wikiversity Journal in many ways, including those in list below. More specific information can be found at each journal, such as at Wikiversity Journal of Medicine/Contribute.
- Publishing an article in any of the journals
- Peer review of article submissions. Further instructions can be found in corresponding pages for each journal:
- Outreach to potential article authors, including:
- Many scholars have written theses that are not published, but could very well fit into a journal.
- Also, the project can be presented to students, such as participants in wikiedu.org. Students are often required to complete a research project as a part of their studies, and these journals provide them a potential means of getting their projects published.
- Donate to Wikimedia Foundation.
- Review of existing publications. Anyone may edit articles even after publication, but such edits are monitored daily.
- Joining the editorial board of a journal.
- Share your ideas of what the journal would be like in the future as separate Wikimedia project.
- Translate journal pages into other languages. Wikiversity currently exists in the following other languages: Čeština, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, 한국어, Português, Slovenščina, Suomi, Svenska, Ελληνικά, Русский, العربية, 日本語
- Start a journal
Wikiversity Journal Council
The Wikiversity Journal Council consists of users who participate in common interests of the journals at Wikiversity. Members of the Wikiversity Journal Council also direct the creation and/or acceptance of additional journals in this group. Membership in the Wikiversity Journal Council is not a requirement to contribute to Wikiversity Journal or any of the included journals, even as a journal official such as a board member. Yet, if you are interested in joining the Wikiversity Journal Council, please express it in an entry at this Discuss page