Filmmaking Basics/Floor plan for course 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Current Location
- Wikiversity (English) Humanities Art and Design Fine Arts Film and Television Narrative Film Production Course #01 - Learning the Basics of Filmmaking One possible floor plan for the movie Seduced by the Dark Side!.
Draw The Line
- Before You Start Drawing Storyboards, Look At This Floor Plan!
- Look at the floor plan for this movie. Then draw a line between the two people in the story. Unless they move or unless you move the camera while crossing the line, never jump across this line. Rule: You must never cut from a shot on one side of the line to a different shot on the other side of the line.
Be careful when you cross the line between the the Young Person and the Old Person.
- How This Works
- Above is one possible floor plan for the movie Seduced by the Dark Side!. When you are filming, you can go anywhere you want.
- However, when you are editing, you must never cut from a camera shot in the pink area to a camera shot in the green area. If you do, there will be a sudden confusion in the mind of the audience.
- Reference materials for Seduced by the Dark Side! that you might need.
- All the Lesson 4 Storyboard Frames. This sheet will give you ideas for your storyboards.
- The unformatted script. Print this script outline and use the numbers on this script for your thumbnail storyboards.