Web Science/Part1: Foundations of the web/Web Architecture/Web Content/Markup Languages
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Understand the difference between content and structure
- Understand that this difference is realized in different markup languages, such as:
* Wiki * HTML * SVG * Latex * Flash * Postscript * PDF * ...
- Understand the basics of XML
* that it is a *meta language* to define a markup language * that it has syntactic restrictions * that it implies a structure (DOM tree, XPath navigation)
- Be able to define an own markup schema (informally, not using DTDs or XML schema) and apply it