Upper Limb Orthotics/Assessable learning outcomes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following objectives are used in assessment of your assignments.
- Select an orthotic design, and justify this selection, for range of pathologies affecting the upper limb commonly treated in orthotic practice
- Conduct a safe clinical assessment and analyse findings from subjective and objective evaluations to determine clinical outcomes possible for a person with an upper limb pathology
- Prescribe an orthosis to meet the treatment objectives for a given upper limb pathology and in doing so, articulate a strong and well evidenced rationale to justify the orthotic prescription
- Plan treatment incorporating a given orthosis for a person with an upper limb pathology
- Communicate to an audience of peers a justification for use of an orthosis to manage a common pathology affecting the upper limb for a given client