Software testing/Laboratory course
With these exercises you can deepen your learned knowledge so far
(If not, please tell us here, what we can improve - there is always something to improve).
Exercises for doing Alone
Here you can learn in your own speed, e.g.
- Examples which you can work through
- Videos/tutorials for watching
- e.g. usage of test tools
Introduction into White Box Design Techniques
Graphic Display of Algorithms in a Source Code
In the following tutorial you will see, how the appropriate graph to a source code looks like.
In detail: With the tool jGRASP there is created for the Java source code MergeSort.java from the Wikiversity course algorithms and data structures (Algorithmen und Datenstrukturen) the CSD (Control Structure Diagram).
Reason of this Tutorial: To show you, how fast such a graph can be created. It should show you that there is nothing complicated behind this - with a tool this is done automatically and easy.
Here you can see the Shockwave-Tutorial <- German version (I will create an English version soon) and still under review (condition: Shockwave-Player).
Is still under creation
Goal: Together we will test example applications, about 30-50 minutes team-sessions
- You can ask immediately
- And you can get immediate feedback on your approach
Participants and tutors agree on a date (especially over different countries/timezones needed)
At the beginning:
- Only with telephone (e.g. skype)
- We will use an application which everybody has on his/her PC (e.g. notepad) and which everybody knows (at the beginning this is helpful - later we will also do new applications, so learning new terrain - we all are researchers).
Later - If there are problems with communciation, editing - we can add boards, remote access,...
moderator : In notepad, go to print menu: File>Print the dialogue "Print" appears. What do you see? participant: Possibilities for the settings for printing moderator : Please describe more in detail participant: Different buttons, different printer, input fields, pictures, .... And then we will test the different objects/functions, e.g. with design technique equivalence partitioning if the method is not applied correct, the participant can get immediate feedback to increase her/his knowledge
Besides learning in this course here, please also try to apply your knowledge elsewhere. You will learn or did learn already, how to test. So, here some places, to be active:
- Wikiversity Game Design, e.g.
- Wikiversity: Website Performance Test Plan
- academia.wikia.com: Journal of Computer Science and Software Engineering