Talk:Software testing/Design technique
white box[edit source]
It is incredible, but none of the white box design techniques is created in English wikipedia, but in German wikipedia nearly all of them are available (I do not assess yet the quality of the German articles :-) ):
- statement coverage
- branch coverage
- decision condition coverage
- simple condition coverage
- modified condition decision coverage or minimal multicondition coverage
- multiple condition coverage
- path coverage
So here is definitely action needed to create this articles. How come, this was never done? Interesting question. --Erkan Yilmaz 19:00, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- E.g. black box techniques are well represented in both wikipedia.
- So, can there be concluded (please do not take this too serious now :-) ):
- that white box techniques are not that much used in English speaking countries?
- Also a comment by Boris Beizer:
- "When most people first start testing, especially if they do so without for-mal training in the subject, they rediscover black-box testing ..." ((in: Black-Box Testing - Techniques for Functional Testing of Software and Systems, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1995, ISBN 0-471-12094-4, page xi)
- or that testers applying white box techniques do not have any time to create them in wikipedia?
- in Germany there is more white box testing used?
- white box testing is not important? (don't kill me now for this statement - it is just to keep the discussion going)
- nobody wants to know how the white box techniques work, because there are many tools which do this automatically?
- --Erkan Yilmaz 20:34, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- The discussion in German.