Talk:Interpolation and Extrapolation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is just a skelleton. I will add content as time permits. The main purpose of putting this up is to define what goes where in the track Numerical Algorithms.
After finishing this course, students should:
- Know that discrete data can be approximated/interpolated by a polynomial.
- Know different representations of the interpolating polynomial as well as how to compute them.
- Know that functions can also be represented with different bases
- Know what piecewise interpolation and splines are and know how to compute them.
- Know how to efficiently extrapolate a point in the different representations.
Take-Home Message[edit source]
- Discrete data can be interpolated with a number of methods.
- Different representations of the interpolated function fit different needs.