Talk:Helping Give Away Psychological Science/Standard Operating Procedures

From Wikiversity
Jump to navigation Jump to search

General Notes about SOPs[edit source]

Caroline suggested putting general information about the SOPS here.

Notes for UCLA about starting chapter[edit source]

Slides and notes about helping UCLA chapter reboot. Eyoungstrom (discusscontribs) 17:37, 16 April 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Look into how HGAPS can be used for service credit at the individual institution. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 02:35, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

See how these institutions can participate in edit-a-thons. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:43, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

See how the institution can integrate their own ways of recruitment using our chapter recruitment page. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:53, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Possible Notes for UNCW about starting chapter[edit source]

Look into how HGAPS can be used for service credit at the individual institution. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 02:35, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

See how these institutions can participate in edit-a-thons. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:44, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

See how the institution can integrate their own ways of recruitment using our chapter recruitment page. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:53, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Summer 2022 Review[edit source]

This is an example of how you mark the page to indicate you were here, and add any suggestions. Eyoungstrom (discusscontribs) 20:51, 14 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

- This is Jubo showing they learned how to mark the page. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:53, 14 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

This is Jubo teaching hannah how to mark the page. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:58, 14 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

This is John marking the page because apparently we were supposed to be doing that here all along and NOT on individual Talk pages of sub-pages. //shrug JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 02:26, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

lol at least u were marking JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 15:14, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SOP Template[edit source]

Purpose

Describes the purpose of the SOP and any subject matter related to the SOP. This should be a kind of introductory paragraph. If there's any definitions you need to proceed, explain them here.

Scope

This is an example paragraph. It describes who needs to know this information or utilize it and preferably gives an example as to how this helps the dissemination of Psychological research.

Procedure

This is the process of the SOP, how everything needs to be done. Here, use a step-by-step list or link any instructables onto the wikiversity. It doesn't need to have this specific format for a bulleted list, but here's one you could use.

  • Step 1:
    • Step 1.1:
    • Step 1.2:
  • Step 2:

Pictures/Graphics/Videos

It's good for overall design to have some visual elements like pictures or short videos to describe what needs to be done. May not always be applicable. These can also be interspersed in the other sections.


If you guys have anything else you want to add, feel free. This was just a really simple, general way I thought we could break up the SOPs. JBondareva3x7 (discuss • contribs) 19:31, 9 June 2022 (UTC)


Overall [edit source]

Criticism JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:45, 19 May 2022 (UTC) I would say to grammar check and make sure we're using third person in our articles (and in each of our links) and that we're placing periods! And color and formatting. Also standardized capitalization in titles!! JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:12, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Maybe we should organize these SOPs alphabetically. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 01:46, 25 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I think we should have sops be in a sortable table originally ordered and sectioned by topic area. I like the idea of wiki sops ordered by skill level.
Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 01:16, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Is there a consistent style guide for SOPs, or are we just operating under the Wikimedia style guide? Either way, a lot of pages need some cleanup, as Julia noted above. Also, every page really should have an introduction paragraph before getting into the content, even if its brief. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:02, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I think we should consider summarizing the content of YouTube videos linked here and make those summaries into wiki SOP pages that link the video. There are issues of accessibility to consider (text easier for ESL or hearing-impaired students) and quick reference (CTRL+F rather than watching through a video for the piece you need). But that might be a heavy lift JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:29, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Confused on why this would make sense under the sops. Are you referring to youtube videos that go over skills or processes we do. I think other than those types of videos text transcriptions for videos should be under our media stuff as a resource under the main page ecosystem.
Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 01:16, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Overview: Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Instructables [edit source]

Decent overall but needs more clarity. Maybe more on the importance of the quotes? Section emphasizes the importance of having our logistics together but doesn't indicate whether other chapters should also make SOPs. It feels as though it should be titled "Why Make SOPs" rather than "Overview". JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 02:27, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I would agree. Definitely reformatting of the quotes to make them stand out - maybe add some color? Nattuin (discusscontribs) 18:49, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I agree! I feel that "Why Make SOPs" or "The Importance of SOPs" as a title fits the content of this section better. Hgp113 (discusscontribs) 18:30, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Getting service credit for work in HGAPS [edit source]

Are there other ways we could get service credit or such using HGAPS? Needs to be looked into. I'd also add a section focusing on possible other credits/opportunities given by HGAPS: connections leading to 395s or summer research (like we're performing right now). JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 02:35, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Checked the Buckley Scholars Form-looks fine, could add more example paragraphs, may not be necessary. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 02:47, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Yes - I'm sure there are more examples of ways that HGAPs can be used as a service credit. Maybe include how we track hours via the RSVP sheet? Nattuin (discusscontribs) 18:53, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Or if we are only using the Buckley Scholar example, emphasize it in some way Nattuin (discusscontribs) 18:54, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Feels like this could benefit greatly from a non-exhaustive list of service credit sources that we 1) know exist and especially 2) that have given service credits for HGAPS work in the past. As it currently stands, this paragraph mostly informs you the option is available without must guidance on how to successfully get it. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 02:32, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Infographics [edit source]

Infographics[edit source]

Add descriptions with the infographics, maybe purpose of them? Noticed that these are in OSF-need page explaining OSF JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 02:55, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

For Infographics link: potentially include a link to Webaim which tests the contrasts between colors to see if they pass Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/ --Nattuin (discusscontribs) 19:00, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Link to social media sheet? Take away "I've personally" sounds out of place and first person words. Generally add links to everything that is being referenced. --Nattuin (discusscontribs) 19:05, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Include image for 60-30-10 rule. Add helpful resource links. --Nattuin (discusscontribs) 19:11, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Infographics page looks great, though could benefit from a brief introductory paragraph on top. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 02:43, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I agree with John that a paragraph or two stating how we have used infographics and how the examples provided were used could be extremely beneficial! The page could benefit from having a pdf version of the checklist/rubric for the infographics linked on the page so people could print it out. It could also be beneficial to provide instructions for how to upload infographics to OSF and Wiki. Hgp113 (discusscontribs)

Creative Commons[edit source]

It'd be helpful to have a link to the HGAPS logo on the commons page. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 03:06, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The Creative Commons page could benefit from some more development - we should explicitly link terms to abbreviations and explain what each portion of the "CC BY 4.0" means (we don't explain the 4.0). Also, an example of the "additional info" mentioned in the FOR HGAPS subheading would be good. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 02:43, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki SOPs [edit source]

I think it'd be helpful to group the links into the beginner, intermediate, and advanced skill categories. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 03:06, 16 May 2022 (UTC) JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 03:06, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I agree with the suggestions mentioned for these pages! Without repeating too much, I do agree that adding visuals to these pages could make them more engaging. These could be in the form of pdfs with step-by-step guides, videos, or simply images. Hgp113 (discusscontribs) 15:31, 6 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Getting started with Wiki training[edit source]

So far the training page looks good. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 03:06, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Getting started and completing trainings on Wiki LINK/PAGE - !!! link to dashboard is outdated, needs to be updated !!! Overall a good page, a few graphics would be nice. --Nattuin (discusscontribs) 19:50, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Learning transclusion and its applications[edit source]

Transclusion looks good. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 03:06, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Learning transclusion and its applications LINK/PAGE - maybe include an image defining transclusion like the images of words from dictionaries to make it stand out? To break up the text in the first section. Also a graphic/example of the source/destination pages. Need to be consistent with using EITHER "recommended" or "optional" in bold. Generally good page, definitely needs some graphics and examples. --Nattuin (discusscontribs) 19:53, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Tips for submitting to the Wiki Journal Article[edit source]

Tips for submitting articles to the journal of medicine seems alright but needs overall improvement and to be refined (see overall section) JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:15, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Tips for submitting to the Wiki Journal Article LINK/PAGE - reformatting of the "Preparing a Manuscript" section, make sure that links are hyperlinked and not a long HTML link. Avoid using first person pronouns because we don't know who "I" is. Provide links in the "Disseminating your article" section. --Nattuin (discusscontribs) 19:56, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Would love to get Natalie to review also needs an intro. adding other scenarios including rejection, revise and resubmit (I assume these are the other scenarios). Making sure the process is clear carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 14:15, 9 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

A lot of solid pages here. I don't want to repeat what's posted above, so let me add that the Journal submission section needs to develop the dissemination section - should at least include OSF. Otherwise, I'm going to co-sign the commentary on these pages above. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:02, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

agreed adding that putting it on osf and the data if open acess and the code if shareable would be a great finish Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:40, 9 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia[edit source]

The wikimedia page has good overall content but definitely needs more information on the gallery and slideshow part at the end. Also overall refining. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:18, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia LINK/PAGE - make sure bold is consistent, some areas that should be aren't. "Editing image data" seems out of place. --Nattuin (discusscontribs) 19:59, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Linking a zip file[edit source]

Add in more descriptions of what zip links are used for and all that. Each link should have a description and a use case. Preface when something is a video. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:30, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Zip link page needs more use cases or maybe photos added. It looks barren. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:30, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Asking permission to put content on Wiki[edit source]

Asking permission of an author page looks alright, add when this is necessary (copyright examples) and refine. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:30, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Adding Article Info templates to Wiki articles[edit source]

Preface this as a VIDEO LINK. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 03:33, 7 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikidata Overview[edit source]

The video on wikidata looks alright but I haven't watched it all. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:30, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikidata Query Walkthrough[edit source]

The video on wikiquery looks alright but I haven't watched it all. Both videos look like they're old and may need updating, but not a priority. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:30, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

HGAPS SOPs for starting, joining, and running clubs [edit source]

When joining the club, add our names to the list of members. Overall we definitely need to actually go through these steps with the new members-oftentimes, we overlook them and they won't officially be added into the wiki or such. They need to be almost a checklist for us, not optional. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:43, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Executive[edit source]

New Chapter Starter Pack[edit source]

New chapter starter pack looks alright but needs in depth looking through. It also needs descriptions of how it can be used on the wiki. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:43, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I wasn't able to access the "*Starter Pack Table of Contents*" on OSF. It might just be my computer, but we definitely need to check and see if others are having this issue! Hgp113 (discusscontribs) 15:35, 6 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I am we have it shared with specific people need to go through and make sure we can make this public Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:16, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Executive Board[edit source]

Executive page needs a new ToC. It looks awful. Also update the duties or possibly the year in the life of HGAPS- we didn't have dues last year, will we now? WE need to also incorporate the speaker series. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:43, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Good descriptions, but worth a round of revision to make the language and tense consistent (e.g. gender-neutral pronouns, cutting use of second-person references). Also, we should avoid naming specific people and consider naming positions instead when referring to UNC staff, possibly with a link - naming Tamsen Foote as the person to speak to for room reservations is fine now, but if they ever leave or retire there's no indication of how to find their successor. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:03, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Totally agree with future proofing sugestions also need to discuss things like speaker series, dues (talk though if we will), update page overall will help on Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:18, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
also make sure it is more clear that this is exec for a club Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:19, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Officer Roles[edit source]

HGAPS general roles- do we need this section if we have the executive board? Could these perhaps be combined? JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:43, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I had the same thought - I think this is wholly duplicative at present. Could exist as a separate page if the detail was more granular, or included a list of alumni for each position, or something similar. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:04, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
agreed could prefer it to be linked within the executive board page though Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:21, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Treasurer[edit source]

Treasurer- Maybe add more descriptions on what that OSF does or how it should be used. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:43, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

also link to SGA stuff Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:22, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Edit-a-thons[edit source]

Edit-a-thons looks a bit barren, maybe add examples of past years. Also have we had an official stakeholder meeting as of our last update on there? JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:43, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

We'd talked about stakeholder meetings, but didn't hammer out anything deliverable. This section should probably be its own SOP if this is something we intend to do in the future. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:06, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Social Media[edit source]

Social Media SOP needs updating. Need guidelines on what to post and which app is best. Also add in Tiktok and more details on each app. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:47, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Formatting-wise, I think we should use bullets or numbering for the Dos and Don'ts. Happy to see the 501(c)(3) political restrictions referenced. Also, looks like the Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook sections might be placeholders for further development. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:10, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Recruitment Ideas[edit source]

The page for Chapter Recruitment could use more ideas. It has some but needs more descriptions. Could add one of our old posters on there too. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 19:52, 16 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Past social media posts would help too. In general, this page needs some beefing up, as well as some formatting and grammar review. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:12, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Link to OSF for folders of past recruitment and also reference canva Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:23, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
add a recruitment timeline Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:28, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Agreed! If we can list any past recruitment tactics that worked well or include any flyers that were used in previous years I think that'll make this page more engaging and informative. Hgp113 (discusscontribs) 15:46, 6 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Members[edit source]

New member guide[edit source]

The page for the "New Member Guide" just links to an OSF. This would be better with more description, however, it needs to be redone-the new member guide is old, it still says we use WhatsApp. This needs to be renovated. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:23, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Can I get involved as a high schooler?[edit source]

I think the "Joining in high school" section could be looked over for relevancy. It says the same information we tell to new members, so it could just be made to reroute to "getting started on wiki" page. We could simply write "as a high school student, you're expected to perform the same tasks as any other member! Complete these trainings then contact (contact email)". Also the contact email is old. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:23, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Needs an initial step of contacting HGAPS to ask about involvement - the current SOP allows our first contact with interested high schoolers to be when they show up at the Thursday meeting. This will only bring chaos - controlling the flow gives us some space to make sure there are projects for them and ensure some quality control. We also need style guide consistency in bullets and numbering (bullets? Numbers? Are sub-items letters or numbers again)? JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:15, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
would love to see it reference an updated member guide earlier Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:24, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
How to advance in HGAPS[edit source]

Growth in HGAPS, here we could simply have the running for an exec position link to the exec position SOP, should add that they should read that over. Also grammar check it and general revisions. Also maybe add summer opportunities/doing HGAPS for service hours? Generally that gives more incentive to people. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs)

Adding and linking to service credit stuff and buckley/apples stuff. Talking about the summer and other supportive roles to exec--Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:26, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

HGAPS Chapter Executive Elections[edit source]

Chapter Election needs a bit of general refining. Also define quorum. Perhaps list what will occur if a member misses the majority of meetings, just because that might be a concern in new member's minds. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:23, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

There's a lot of ambiguity that might be worth clearing up. Must presidents pledge not to study abroad in the following school term, and what happens if they do? Quorum is defined as 70%, but who counts for purposes of quorum? In the tiebreaking section, does "entire membership body" mean something different than quorum? Is a past-president required to hold the position in case of vacancy, or is it at their option? JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:17, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Need to talk about these things update this and bylaws--Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:27, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SOP for Partnering with Conferences [edit source]

Conference planning[edit source]

Conference Planning check the checklist for everything to be up-to-date. Define MICAMH? Ensure costs are up-to-date (that's probably something I'll do in the future). Also last link is not a public link, so it needs different viewing permissions. Describe under "Note Taker" the kinds of workshops and talks one must do. Finally, general revisions like decreasing the first-person usage in the last subheading. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:23, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

There's some duplicative information here which should be streamlined. Also, I think this is in need of an introductory paragraph explaining what conference planning is and what HGAPS typically does at conferences, THEN getting into bulleted responsibilities for the water carrier and notetakers. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:18, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

How to make a poster[edit source]

Making a Poster for a Psychological Conference is okay, it's not a priority, but it needs to have more detail and perhaps a picture highlighting each of the different steps of making a poster. Then include printing or paper size information also because that often trips up people new to it. Natalie might be able to help with graphics information, link them to the infographic page perhaps. Add the links for the FDF poster (put that poster into OSF). JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:23, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Attending conferences[edit source]

Tips for Conference Attendance is alright, good amount of information. Needs more on grants/money awards (I can add more in the future probably) also add a picture of a sample conference itinerary or such. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:23, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Content is good, though two items to add: 1) In the first section, should include guidance about poster/presentation submissions being several months in advance of conference registration. 2) For the section "If accepted or want to attend the conference regardless", this feels like it should be separated into two separate section: one for poster/presentation prep, and one for additional steps (or merge this content with the previous section). JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:20, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Assessment Center SOPs [edit source]

I don't see the point of non-hyperlinked bullet points. Delete possibly or just use them as a description for the qualtrics link. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:30, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Qualtrics basics[edit source]

The link, Qualtrics basics is very good, very in depth. Might need minor revisions but seems great. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:30, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Putting Measures in OSF[edit source]

Putting Measures in OSF looks alright. Might need to be looked over by someone else with more qualtrics experience than myself. I think we could describe what a Trello card is though or give visuals. Revision might be needed but not a priority at all. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:30, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I think this could benefit from a brief intro paragraph, and embedded images showing steps. OSF can be pretty elusive without a visual guide. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:22, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Assessment Center Instructable[edit source]

Assessment Center Instructable is great, looks beautiful. May need to be looked over to ensure this is still applicable to other HGAPS chapters. Perhaps link this on the "Putting Measures in OSF" JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 23:30, 23 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SOPs Zotero [edit source]

Add in a few comments on the purpose and use cases of zotero. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Zotero how to get started and store resources[edit source]

Zotero how to get started and store resources looks like an okay resource, but we could link to it in OSF instead. Also, it would be better as a wikiversity article instead since it would be easier to edit and keep up to date. I don't know how up to date this article is, I just know the pictures seem very old. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]


have the google doc--Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:32, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

the things below should be linked
Yes, I agree should include this as a wiki article and link to the doc. Pictures cant be included on wiki tho hense google doc Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:34, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

How to export from Endnote to Zotero and move PDFs[edit source]

How to export from Endnote to Zotero and move PDFs is important and looks like a good link, not sure how to improve this. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

link in the og zotero one Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:35, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

moving from Zotero into Wikidata[edit source]

moving from Zotero into wikidata looks good, not sure if the video is up to date or anything though. Add use cases and descriptions? Make sure there are close-captions? JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Link to og zotero one Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:35, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Zotero vs. Mendeley feature comparison[edit source]

Zotero vs. Mendeley feature comparison link looks good. Maybe we could see if we could upload a PDF of the information into OSF or something to try to like future-proof it? Overall seems pretty good but I don't know what the point of comparing it to Mendeley is. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

mendeley is also popular but similar Carovinc2 (discusscontribs) 18:36, 10 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SOPs for Other Skills [edit source]

Open Science Framework[edit source]

OSF basics could probably be a separate subsection about OSF and how to use it. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

OKR goal setting system[edit source]

OKR goal setting system looks good, maybe it needs a bit of updating or something but I'm unsure. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

There's some explanatory content (sub-OKRs and 70% threshold) included under the Worked Example heading - these should probably be moved to the explanatory section above JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:25, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

ORCiD[edit source]

ORCiD needs some use-cases and explanation behind it. But overall looks okay, needs a bit more revision and maybe some like photos. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Definitely could be improved with photo guidance. JVMiller144 (discusscontribs) 03:25, 2 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Scholia Overview[edit source]

Scholia also needs the same and I'm not sure how up to date the video is because I know we haven't been requiring new members to use Scholia. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Toolforge Overview[edit source]

Toolforge is okay and same comments- may not be up to date and we haven't really been requiring new members to use it. JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

In progress [edit source]

Both links need to be updated because there's like nothing on them. They're nearly completely blank. Maybe we could just get rid of them? JBondareva3x7 (discusscontribs) 20:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]