There's no such thing as a "GNU Open Source License".
Sharing your work[edit source]
- Hopefully, I have now corrected this error. Please note any other errors that I need to correct. Robert Elliott 23:51, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
"Apple's Logic is poorly designed and exceedingly awkward"? The thousands of users of Logic (including professionals) don't think so. Perhaps this sentence should be more along the lines of "Logic is a more advanced tool than the requirements of this course demand". Anyone intending to work with audio for film in a serious way will eventually have to learn a DAW (probably Pro Tools). (The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 09:02, 25 October 2007)
Logic Studio V1 Contains both Logic Pro8 and Soundtrack Pro2 which, (with my so far limited usage) both seem to kick ass. Yes, they have more buttons than Apollo 11,12&13 put together, but they can also do just about anything you can think of. They also come with the best user manuals I have ever seen on a software product. Full kudos to Apple for the documentation, which has solved almost every one of my problems/questions within about 10 mins. Silvarbullet1 00:00, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
This course is for film students, not musicians. Logic 7 was not designed for filmmakers. It also has hidden bugs which created problems for filmmakers syncing to video. A complete analysis was done of Logic Express 7 for filmmakers in "Digital Puppet magazine". It found many of the bugs that filmmakers who are not musicians would run into that are not obvious to musicans who know better. I realize that Logic Express 8 is much better than 7 but I have not had a chance to test it. The remark about ProTools is correct. Robert Elliott 14:31, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Regarding free software on GNU/Linux and free file formats[edit source]
Note the following:
- Video Editing Software
- In particular watch the progress of standards compliant Jahshaka which uses OpenGL and OpenML.
- There is a de facto standard format for video: Theora.
- Free File Formats.
- Ubuntu Studio
- K 07:39, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
Editing narrative motion pictures
- Please tell me which of these editing programs can edit picture based on dialog. Even Adobe Premiere 4.2 (1988) can do this but so far, I have not found any free program which can edit a conversation. This course only deals with editing scripted dialog. Robert Elliott 14:34, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Coming soon to a wiki theater near you !
Hello, this learning project is revived again. We are in need of help in all areas (creative ideas, scripting, production, ... - you name it). Anyone wants to help create this community project ? ----Erkan Yilmaz uses the Wikiversity:Chat (try) 17:24, 24 August 2008 (UTC)