Talk:ERP Project Implementation
IMO, ERP implementation is done mostly through the following phases -it has to follow at least a simple methodology:
- Extracting client's business processes: this yeilds every detail needed throughout the next stpes, e.g. workflows.
- Gap analysis: which spots those points in software which need to be customised and those business processes which need to be developed from scratch (in case they don't already exist).
- Customisation/Development and partial deployments: at several points in this phase when the team has done notable amount of customisation/development, the new features should be deployed in client's site just to be tested in real world and capture client's opinions.
- Deployment: the name is self descriptive.
In this document, the focus should be on phase (3) as it correctly is however I'd suggest there should be some material regarding the other phases put in.
--Bahman 06:12, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
- You must be right Bahman, cos i mislabeled this module and end up writing about case studies or how its implemented in verticals. The module that handles implementation is now more spread out to under Projects and Apprenticeship. Thanks - Red1 22:03, 24 October 2008 (UTC)