The Division of Jewish Studies offers academic study of the religion, history, literature, languages, and material culture of the Jews from ancient to modern times. It includes a forum for discussing Jewish topics.
- Yom Kippur
- Rosh Hashannah
- Shemini Atzeret
- Simchat Torah
- Tu B'Shevat
- Lag B'Omer
- Tisha B'Av
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this Division, you can list your name here (this can help small Divisions grow and the participants communicate better; for large Divisions it is not needed).
- w:Wikipedia:WikiProject Judaism on Wikipedia for collaboration
- Daniel Yehuda
- Orin Dion (Oren Dayan)
- March 28, 2010 - Rabbi Yosef Sholom Elyashiv turns 100 around this time! To add comments and birthday wishes, write your message here.
- August 18, 2006 - Division founded!
A Division has departments (in the Topic: namespace). The departments link to learning materials and learning projects. Simply make a link from department pages to the name of the lesson (lessons are independent pages) and start writing!
Know any good resources for scholars of this topic? Add them here!
- Jewish Books Seforim,Sefer,Jewish Books,Kabbalah,Kabalah,Sforim - http://www.MySefer.com | The Largest Online Provider Of Hebrew Sifrei Kodesh
- MyJewishLearning.Com: A Trans-denominational Website Of Jewish Information and Education
- Judaism FAQ: Online introduction to Judaism in book-form
- Wikipedia main article on Judaism, branches into thousands of articles
- Chabad Lubavitch
- Learn @ JTS (Torah resources)
- 120 Minutes with JTS (Jewish Theological Seminary): A wide variety of Jewish topics, many of general interest to students of world history.
- United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
- Aish HaTorah
- Ohr Somayach
- Mechon Mamre (online Hebrew texts, some English)
- Sifrot Kodesh: Tanach, Misnah, Tosefta, Talmud Yerushalmi, Talmud Bavli, Mishneh Torah (Hebrew)
- http://www.hebrewbooks.org/ Over 40,000 books (mostly in Hebrew) available in pdf format for free download
- The Jewish Encyclopedia is on line and is no longer under copyright.