Sustainable Development Goals/SDG11
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sustainable Cities and Communities - Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Evaluate the link between SDG3: good health and Wellbeing and SDG11: Sustainable cities and human settlements by listing aspects for SDG3-SDG11-link (e.g. air pollution and respiratory diseases - see WHO)
- Analyse other SDGs and populate the link between them with examples that are relevant for your region!
- How can you measure, that your town or village is supporting sustainability in the context of SDG11?
- Telemedicine is medical support via teresstial or satellite communication. Explain how telemedicine supports sustainable cities and communities! Compare rural and urban areas according to telemedicine application and identify what is needed locally beyond telemedicine to sustainable to rural communities. What are the benefits of urban areas!
- (Scientific Hackathon) Explore the concept of a Scientific Hackathon. Create a topic for a Scientific Hackathon that has sustainable cities and communities as objective.
- (Reach People) Explain why reaching people and creating awareness is a key element for risk management of global challenges?
- Living Lab
- Collaborative Mapping of Community Requirements, Demands, Risks, ....
- Architecture with natural resources
- Urban Agriculture,
- Open community approach
- Scientific Hackathon
- Systems Thinking
- Think globally - act locally
- Videoconferencing for Community Interaction in COVID-19 times and educational settings.
- [https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/news/communications-material/ UN-Guidelines for Use of SDG logo and the 17 SDG icons (2019/05/10) - https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/news/communications-material/
- "Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities". UNDP. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- Pauwels, R. A., Buist, A. S., Calverley, P. M., Jenkins, C. R., & Hurd, S. S. (2001). Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: NHLBI/WHO Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Workshop summary. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine, 163(5), 1256-1276.