Sustainable Development Goals/SDG-Tagging
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from SDG-Tagging)
Tagging of Sustainable Activities[edit | edit source]
- (Sustainability Day at Schools) Organize a sustainability day at schools. The aim is to discover possible activities at your school that contribute to the sustainability with the infrastructure at schools, organisation, companies. If this activity is carried out, one or more logos for the corresponding sustainability goals will be attached to the respective location and the print out with the SDG logos will be visible at the location where the activity was initiated. E.g. a acitivity describing the reduction of plastic waste was performed, how water was saved by installation of specific toilets or how energy saving was implemented. The students first analyse the Lazy Mans Guide to Saving the World of the United Nations.
The notice (activity paper for sustainability day sheet) is created for specific location in the building. It contains usually contains the following elements.
- Title of activity with level 1,2,3 or 4)
- SDG logos for the activity. Description of what was done at this point before the introduction of the activity.
- Changes by Activity: Description of what had changed with the activity at this point.
- Quantification: Was the activity measured, counted, calculated, modeled to quantify the savings and the potential of the activity?
Mapping Activities for SDGs[edit | edit source]
- (Markers on a Map) Explore the OpenSource HTML5 Tool to create markers on a map - Markers4Map and create a mapping task. (see example map with two markers - click on marker for further sample information).
- Compare Markers for SDG with the activity of SDG-tagging in schools. What are similarities and differences?
Upscaling the Sustainability Days[edit | edit source]
- Successful implementation of activities and problems of the implementation can be documented here as lessons learned. Useful material can be stored in GitLab-Repository and linked as resources here?
- Translation of this learning resource resources for Sustainability in Spanish, French, ... and adapted the learning resource to the specific requirements and constraints of the UN member states, e.g. learning resources might be designed differently for Southern Africa in comparision to Asia!
Licensing of SDG Logos[edit | edit source]
The licencing of SDG logos allows the tagging of learning resources that target specific goals. SDG-Tagging is a collaborative process and joint activity of the community. Assignment needs Systems Thinking because some impacts to goals are systemically connected and the learning resource shows the systemic link (e.g. bio-fuel could have a global negative impact on greenhouse gas emission if tropical rainforest is destroyed to harvest palm oil for the bio-fuel).