Radio Discussion/Living on Earth/2008.1.18/Segment 4
Report by Jeff Young brings up the question, if the meat of cloned animals is safe enough to consume. Share your thoughts on the discussion page.
- Food safety
- Food and Drug Administration
- (No article on Stephen Sundlof, the FDA's food safety director)
- Barbara Mikulski - Democratic Senator from Maryland
- Rosa DeLauro - Congresswoman from Connecticut
- Marion Nestle - Author interviewed for this segment
- Flavr Savr - A genetically modified tomato
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Closing the Barn Door After the Cows Have Gotten Out - New York Times article in Opinion section about similar topic
- Is your meat cloned? - Video report on Fox
- Would you be comortable eating meat or other products from cloned animals?
- Should meat and other products made from cloned animals be labeled as such?
- Would your opinion be different if the animals were also genetically modified?