Portal:The Science Behind Parkinson's/Section 1/more
Progress and Prospects in Parkinson's Research
The purpose of the material in section 1 is to :
- highlight interesting topics in current Parkinson's research
- explain their significance and background
- describe the questions answered and identify the questions still unanswered
- say how the work fits into the bigger picture and what other researchers are doing
- examine hypotheses and to raise implications
- identify possible new lines of enquiry and new implications for research strategy
The structure of articles should be designed to achieve these purposes.
The style of the articles should make them accessible to readers who have a moderate level of scientific or biological understanding but who are not experts in the field. Technical terms should be explained in the text or hyperlinked to explanatory material such as in wikipedia or elsewhere.
Go to Section 1: Progress and Prospects in Parkinson's Research