The Spanish Language Division offers courses, projects and resources both for beginners, and those of high proficiency. Courses are in three categories reflecting the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Introduction to Spanish[edit | edit source]
Yet to be created
Elementary Spanish[edit | edit source]
- Spanish One: A course of Spanish language which has reached in summer 2006 has been reopened. It is based on a live communication with a teacher via Skype. As a methodology, a Spanish book developed on Wikibooks is used. This course is focused on beginners.
Intermediate Spanish[edit | edit source]
- Spanish Two: Spanish Two continues to introduce the Spanish language to students with commitment to learn this language. After completing the course, students should be able to communicate without the need to think extensively. This is the precursor to more advanced classes for fluent speakers.
Proficient Spanish[edit | edit source]
- Don Quixote in the original Spanish
- Español para hablantes de otras lenguas: Page in the Spanish Wikiversity with resources to learn Spanish.
Other[edit | edit source]
The following courses have been created by members of the Spanish Division, or the Wikimedia Foundation, and are unique in their method and scope.
Off site[edit | edit source]
These courses were not created by members of the Wikimedia Foundation, nor are they hosted by Wikimedia.
- MIT OpenCourseWare for Spanish I
- MIT OpenCourseWare for Spanish II
- MIT OpenCourseWare for Spanish III
- MIT OpenCourseWare for Spanish IV
- Learn Spanish from the BBC
- Reorganize structure of Spanish courses and
merge Spanish in Topic:Spanish, fixing the links.
- Reorganize Category:Spanish and fix links.
- Revitalize Spanish One and Spanish Two.
- Merge redundant Spanish courses
- Convert appropriate templates from English Wikipedia for Spanish Language Division site.
- Compile list of verbs on Spanish/Verbs and conjugate!
- Make a logo for this site.
- Record text on Spanish: An Introduction/Teaching tools.
- Send a message to all the people listed in the old lists with the state of the Spanish Language Division asking them if they are still interested.
These are useful Spanish grammar reviews
Late June, 2013
- Doing some much needed housecleaning ;)
March 24, 2007
- restoration and refreshing of Spanish Division and Courses started
- Wikimedia resources
- omegawiki.org - A free, open source community created dictionary for all languages.
- Linguee.com - A unique tool that translates your text, and shows you real world examples of how that phrase has been used in bilingual sources.
- wordreference.com - A free dictionary plus conjugation tables, games, forums and other tools.
- Making connections
- Listening Practice
- News in Spanish
- jitsi - A free, open source alternative to skype.
- Learning With Text - A free, cross-platform, open source reading tool; Learn about it here.
- onlinespanishhelp.com - Spanish flash cards, educational games, conjugation tables, etc.
- Learn Spanish Effortlessly - A free, cross-platform language learning tool with a method called Conversation Based Chunking
Useful Vocabulary Subjects