Spanish/Spanish One/SO-Lesson 1
In this introductory lesson participants will download a version of the textbook and also install skype in order to communicate with an instructor. This will make it possible to meet the instructor on audio Skype. The second part of this lesson focusses on pronunciation and intonation.
To do (teamwork)[edit | edit source]
Fullfil points in sequence from the top:
- -->you can also print it like a book
2) Print this text: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
4) Register in skype and try to arrange an on-line meeting with an instructor.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
5) Add an overview on Spanish language (150-200 words). Include language family, language history and development, where it is used, how many people use it, influence of other languages on Spanish vocabulary, a comment about Spanglish:
6) Describe the textbook used and methodology promised by instructor (50-100 words):
Pronunciation[edit | edit source]
On-line dictionary[edit | edit source]
7) Find a useful English-Spanish, Spanish-English dictionary, and list it down:
- You think Babelfish is a "dictionary"?--Juan 22:49, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
For the next lesson (individual work)[edit | edit source]
- Fullfil 1-7.
- Read page 4 and and write an overview on Spanish summary in pronunciation section on your user page (e.g. [[User:E.T./Spanish pronunciation]]).
- Read pages 8,9.
- Listen several times to: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria with audio.