This topic page is for organizing the development of Quantum biology content on Wikiversity. Quantum biology is the application and formulation of quantum theories to biological processes, such as: photosynthesis, nerve excitation and conduction, quantum aspects of muscle contraction, solitons in biopoloymer crystals such as A-DNA, protein-protein interactions, and so on.
If you either have peer-reviewed publications or are knowledgeable in any area Quantum biology, please feel free to improve the contents of this new Wikipedia topic page; your contributions would be greatly appreciated.
Resources[edit | edit source]
- Search for Quantum mechanics at Wikiversity
- Quantum Biology. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group.
- w: Quantum mechanics
- Quantum mechanics/Study guide
See also[edit | edit source]
- Quantum mechanics
- Quantum genetics
- Quantum biochemistry
- Quantum biophysics
- Quantum physics
- Mathematical biophysics
[edit | edit source]
- Quantum Biology
- Qwiki :=Quantum Wiki at Stanford university, CA, USA
- Robert Rosen's biography and published References
- Quantum books list at Qwiki in Stanford
Quantum physics resources[edit | edit source]
Quantum Libraries:[edit | edit source]
- Daniel Lidar's Quantum Computing/Information/Communication/Cryptography Books List
- The IQI Library at Caltech.
Quantum Information[edit | edit source]
- Bouwmeester, The Physics of Quantum Information
- Nielsen, Quantum Information and Quantum Computation|Nielsen and Chuang, Quantum Information and Quantum Computation]]
- Preskill, Quantum Information Lecture Notes
- Rieffel & Polak, Quantum Computing: A Gentle Introduction
Quantum Measurement[edit | edit source]
- Breuer, The Theory of Open Quantum Systems
- Gardiner and Zoller, Quantum Noise
- Braginsky, Quantum Measurement
Quantum Optics[edit | edit source]
- Allen, Optical Resonance and Two-Level Atoms
- Howard Carmichael, Statistical Methods in Quantum Optics I: Master Equations and Fokker-Planck Equations, 1999].
- Cohen-Tannoudji, Atom-Photon Interactions
- Rodney Loudon, The Quantum Theory of Light, 2000.
- Leonard Mandel and Emil Wolf Optical Coherence and Quantum Optics, 1995.
- Marlan Scully]] and M. Suhail Zubairy, Quantum Optics, 1997.
- Walls, Quantum Optics
- Amnon Yariv, Quantum Electronics, 1989.
References[edit | edit source]
- Erwin Schrödinger. What is Life? The Physical Aspect of the Living Cell., Cambridge, 1944.
- "Quantum Aspects of Life" (2008)
- Philip Ball, "Physics of life: The dawn of quantum biology," Nature 474 (2011), 272-274.