Welcome to the Department of Latin
Please be aware there are currently three courses available here
The objective of this department is to teach Latin.
Laws of the department
- Students please write your name in the student section
- Teachers please write your name in the teacher section
- DO NOT deface the department in any way
- Help the department grow!!!
- BE BOLD!!
Simple Latin course
This is by far the most complete course available on this site, with over 100 lessons covering most basic grammar topics.
It is aimed at a conversational style of language learning so includes many everyday terms and in some cases some neologisms. These are clearly indicated in the notes.
It is supported by two Memrise courses for vocabulary and sentence composition practice.
- Available at Latin
- Latin introduction (Latin 1)
- Latin as used in English (Latin 2)
- Caesar's chronicles (Latin 3)
- Latin conversations (Latin 4)
Plans for the department
Future plans for the department include a brand new Latin course building upon the old one coming in the next few months shown in the links above. In the mean time aspects of the old course will still be available for all to access.
Katherine Walker, Glenmark Villanueva, Aidan Karl Athendorus Devaney, Geethanjana Wanigasekara, Charles Fisher, Davinder K Joan E, Lisbeth L. Annalisa O.D., George Chemmala
There are currently no students taking the New Course
There are currently no teachers for the old course.