- For studies of English Literature, please see Literary Studies.
The English Language Division coordinates and focuses studies on the English language which relate to the language itself, and not its literary tradition. Studies and projects on Old and Middle English, as well as English grammar and linguistics will be listed here.
Courses/Projects[edit | edit source]
Learning projects currently being offered in the English Language Division:
- Learning English as a second language—currently in need of contributors!
- ESL for Primary School—(currently pending a reformat)
- Historical English Linguistics
- Technical Writing
- Perfect tenses in English—in need of expansion!
- English grammar
Tasks[edit | edit source]
- Integrate Wikibooks materials into Department.
- Create relevant courses. Cross-list with other departments.
Proposed Courses[edit | edit source]
These have been proposed. Contributors are necessary to complete these courses.
- Primary English 1 - This course should be for young English speakers and/or their teachers, so younger children can expand their knowledge of English.
Resources[edit | edit source]
The Reference Desk[edit | edit source]
- The English Language Reference Desk is an excellent place to go to get specific help with any aspect of English (modern or ancient).
Links[edit | edit source]
- valodas - free cross-platform language learning software
The Writing Center[edit | edit source]
- An excellent place to find resources on writing
Wikibooks[edit | edit source]
- The English Usage Center
- English as an Additional Language
- Rhetoric and Composition—Book of the Month
- First Certificate of English (help for the Cambridge examinations)
- English in Use—English Grammar
Wikipedia[edit | edit source]
Wiktionary[edit | edit source]
- English Wiktionary is a multilingual dictionary focusing on English.
- Simple English Wiktionary is an English dictionary written in simple English for English language learners.
Department news[edit | edit source]
- October 8, 2006—Division founded!
Degree plans[edit | edit source]
- Pending… See: Degree plan
See also[edit | edit source]
- Topic:TESOL—the teaching of English to speakers of other languages, TEFL and TESL inclusive