Physics equations/00-Mathematics for this course
About the textbook
This resources uses, openstax Physics, an open source textbook available for free at http://cnx.org/content/col11406/1.7) Most sections of the Physics equations have a link to the appropriate chapter.
This section is an exception, since openstax Physics has no such review.
Equations found on Physeq templates
- Vectors Has most of what you need to get started and a bit of what you do not need.
- Topic:Trigonometry Concise.
- Trigonometry Parallel Wikiversity effort
- Trigonometry/Polar Relevant to this course
CALCULUS-based Wikiversity resources
- Vector calculus Vector derivatives. Gradient, div, and stokes theorems.
- Coordinate systems Designed to facilitate a simple understanding of line, surface and volume integrals.
- Coulomb's Law Introduces the Coulomb integral using a line charge. It then extends this result to a plane charge using a double integral.
- b:Subject:Physics an impressive list is growing. If a book is listed as "featured" it is probably good. If it is not classified as "complete" it probably very incomplete.
- b:Physics Study Guide a featured book
- b:FHSST_Physics a featured high school textbook
- w:Linear_equation#Algebraic_equations misplaced but interesting list of pages.
- w:Elementary_algebra Fun to skim if you already know the subject.
- w:List_of_trigonometric_identities a really long list
- w:Euclidean vector
- w:Riemann sum. Everybody needs to know something about the Riemann sum.
CALCULUS-based Wikipedia articles
- w:Differentiation rules Long and complete list of rules associated with first semester calculus.
- w:Vector calculus Advanced. Everything you need in a calculus-based first year physics course.
- w:Del_in_cylindrical_and_spherical_coordinates Long list of essential identities regarding the operator.
- w:Vector calculus identities Encyclopedic list.
- w:Surface integral an honest look at a difficult topic
Links outside Wikimedia
- oregonstate BridgeBook a wiki focusing on the undergraduate physics major.
- UC Davis physwiki Not much material but the wikis are first rate. Part of a suite that includes other subjects.
- openstax Physics Commercial quality (and massive) algebra/trig based textbook, nominally the one used for this course. This book can be accessed as a wiki and edited; the only reason for doing so would be to re-write it as a calculus based text.