Peace studies/Peace in Christianity
This learning project is brought to you by the Division of Peace Studies. When contributing to this learning project, please adhere to the Peace Studies learning project guidlines and the Peace Studies learning project template.
Aims and Objectives[edit | edit source]
- To understand and critically engage with a varity of Christian approaches to peace and war.
- To appreciate the traditional non-violence and pacifism of Christianity before the elicitation of just war theory.
- To outline an understanding of Christ as a non-violent activist.
- To read and engage with primary and secondary sources.
Introduction to the Topic[edit | edit source]
Learning Materials[edit | edit source]
- Including links to learning materials in wikiversity, wikipedia, and on the internet.
Christianity Today  - A good tool for evaluating what the Christian community believes today.
Reading List[edit | edit source]
Ideally, readings should be available on the internet, and the links made available. Give a brief summary of each reading, and possibly some questions with which to address the text. Readings that are unavailable on the internet should be referenced in the following way:
- Author, A., Title of Book (Location: Publisher, Year of Publication).
Assignments[edit | edit source]
- Edit and improve this learning project.