OpenStax (formerly OpenStax College) is a nonprofit ed-tech initiative based at Rice University. Since 2012, OpenStax has created peer-reviewed, openly licensed textbooks, which are available in free digital formats and for a low cost in print. All textbook content is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Licenses; specifically, the books are available under the CC BY license (except for Calculus, which is CC BY-NC-SA), which means that instructors are free to use, adapt, and remix the content, as long as they attribute OpenStax.
The following Wikiversity resources devoted to OpenStax textbooks. These resources also included materials available at open.stax.org. Although the versions found on Wikiversity are out-of-date, some might find them more convenient to access.
- OpenStax Calculus: No resources have been developed, but (out-of-date) pdf versions of the three volume textbook are posted on Wikiversity at: V1 | V2 | V3
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Category:openstax textbook
- OpenStaxCollege Facebook page
- TED Talk dated 2006-02 Founder Richard Baraniuk discussing Connexions
- YouTube: Importing OpenStax content into Pressbooks
References[edit | edit source]