Nonprofit management/Incorporate with Secretary of State
Jump to navigation Jump to search
When this lesson is done you should be able to answer these questions and be ready to register your organization with the Secretary of State.
- What is the name and IRS classification of your nonprofit?
- What state are you incorporating in?
- Does your nonprofit qualify for a state tax exemption? If yes, what is the form number you will use? How many pages long is the application?
- Do you need to obtain a state tax identification number? If yes, what is the form number and how many pages long is it?
- Are you required to register as a charity in your state? What form will you use? How many pages long is the form? What documentation do you need to include?
- Does your state give real or leased property tax exemptions to nonprofits? If yes, which department do you apply to?