Multiple linear regression practice quiz
1. Multiple linear regression (MLR) is a __________ type of statistical analysis.
2. The following types of data can be used in MLR (choose all that apply)
3. A linear regression (LR) analysis produces the equation Y = 0.4X + 3. This indicates that:
4. A LR analysis produces the equation Y = -3.2X + 7. This indicates that:
5. The main purpose(s) of (LR) is/are (choose all that apply):
6. When writing regression formulae, which of the following refers to the predicted value on the dependent variable (DV)?
7. In MLR, a residual is the difference between the predicted Y and actual Y values.
8. Shared and unique variance among multiple variables can be represented by a diagram that includes overlapping circles. This is referred to as a:
9. The major conceptual limitation of all regression techniques is that one can only ascertain relationships, but never be sure about underlying causal mechanism.
10. In MLR, the square of the multiple correlation coefficient or R2 is called the
11. In an MLR, the r between the two IVs is 1. Therefore, R will equal the r between one of the IVs and the DV. (Hint: Draw a Venn Diagram.)
12. In a MLR, if the two IVs are correlated with the DV and the two IVs are correlated with one another, the rps (partial correlations) will be _______ in magnitude than the rs ([Hint: Draw a Venn Diagram.)
13. In MLR, the unique variance in the DV explained by a particular IV is estimated by its:
14. Interaction effects can be tested in MLR by using IVs that represent:
15. A researcher wants to assess the extent to which social support from group members can explain changes in participants' mental health (MH) which is measured at the beginning and end of an intervention program. What MLR design could be used?