Multicultural Perspectives on Health and Wellbeing/Group multimedia presentation
In a team, create a 3-minute video on health issues that may be affecting one of these population groups: Indigenous, immigrants and refugees. In your video you are to explain or give examples of how people's backgrounds can influence their health and wellbeing. Discuss the barriers and enablers the population group may experience in accessing healthcare services.
Presentations by video have become a key communication skill in today's media-rich world. Try to be creative with this assignment, think about your intended audiences and create a video that holds their attention. Be resourceful, we realise you are not professional producers - part of your creativity is your ability to be resourceful with this assignment.
This assignment is intended for you to demonstrate an ability to work in a group to produce a short video presentation that promotes health. This assignment addresses all three learning outcomes for this subject.
- A group presentation developed as a three minute or less audio visual piece (e.g. video); worth 1000 words per student. Submission date: 11 September 2014.
Use this template to submit your presentation to your facilitator Post the presentation URL on the subject forum "Group multimedia presentation"
- Explains or gives an example of how a population group's (Indigenous, immigrant or refugee) background can influence their health
- Identifies some of the risk factors that may contribute to their health status
- Discuss the barriers and enablers the population group may experience in accessing healthcare services
- Adherence to copyright law with regards to any third party content used (such as images and audio)
- A Creative Commons Attribution copyright license applied
- Adequate credits and referencing in the video
- One page written account of the production, include what happened, who did what, group's reflection on the process and product.
This assignment is graded as resubmit, pass or excellent and is primarily interested in the three learning outcomes for this subject, as well as your ability to work in a small group to produce an informative video that promotes health and wellbeing.
You have access to tutorial support to help you complete this assignment. Below is a schedule of tutorials you may wish to attend individually or as a group.
- Overview of making a multi media presentation
- Looking at examples of short videos online (workshop 1: show example Youtube, students to create a playlist of examples)
- Working effectively in small groups
- Methods of production - Writing a script
- Methods of production - sourcing content
- Methods of production - producing content
- Methods of production - publishing
- Reviewing works
- Here's a playlist on the basics of creating video, from using Youtube and Google Hangouts, through to Archive and Wikimedia Commons. (Strong language warning!): How to make online video
- Using video - examples of La Trobe University teachers making videos
- Photography's power to advocate for children
Excellent examples of work will be published here