Motivation and emotion/Tutorials/Growth psychology/Problems for discussion
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Problems for discussion[edit | edit source]
- In general, do you think that evil resides in human nature or is it a product of a sick culture?
100% evil = ___ % human nature + ___ % environmental engineering
- As a parent raising a child who expresses a somewhat socially undesirable temperament, which option would you recommend - Explain/defend your answer:
- raise the child in his or her natural temperament or
- raise the child to conform to the more socially-desirable temperament?
- Do you mostly agree or mostly disagree with the following statement by Rogers: Learning does not follow from teaching. Rather, learning follows having one’s interests identified, facilitated, and supported.
- Explain the following concepts:
- growth-seeking and validation-seeking.
- Maslow’s distinction between growth and deficiency needs
- Rogers’ distinction between congruence and incongruence
- Autonomy and control causality orientations
- Discuss what types of social interactions
- support growth-seeking, growth needs, congruence, and an autonomy causality orientation?
- lead to validation-seeking, deficiency needs, facades, and a control causality orientation.