Target Audience[edit | edit source]
Someone using makerbot and a blog grew on the print head.
Starting Point[edit | edit source]
- If the PLA blob has not yet been removed .. follow these instructions.
- Otherwise, am starting from having ripped off the kapton tape and insulation.
- Have makercare service plan.
- Have created a service Request #99335, and received ceramic tape in the mail.
Replication Goal[edit | edit source]
Repair the printhead so it looks new again.
Tutorial[edit | edit source]
These are videos describing taking apart the makerbot replicator 2 print head
- the starting point
- duct fan attachment
- ceramic tape where does it go?
- removed stepper motor, looking at original ceramic tape
- duct fan mount removed
- finding screws to remove block, nozzle assembly
- heating elements, temperature sensor, tying to figure out where ceramic tape goes
- failure to remove the bolts holding 2 blocks together
- lost trying to figure out how to attach new ceramic tape
Makerbot responded to these videos with this:
The second hole near the edge is actually supposed to be sliced open at the end. That should slip over the Thermal Barrier Tube, and the other hole goes around the nozzle. You can then remove that square of tape and secure it on top.
These are videos of the repair job that succeeded!